Østagar

"So this is were your troops have gathered? This is Ostagar?" Eloriel asked Duncan as she observed the old stone walls that built up the fortress. Instantly, she knew that the place was so much disrepair that if she were to touch the lightest touch on a pillar, the place would shake.

"Yes, this is were all of Fereldan's grey wardens have met to drive back the horde," Duncan comfirmed. "They should be out in the valley already."

"Are we going to join them?"

"Not yet, I'm afraid. First we must complete the joining ritual."

Joining ritual?

"Ho there, Duncan!" a booming voice called out as the two made their way through the entrance. On the opposite side where the second set of gates were, strode in a blind man in golden armor that flashed in the sunlight. Creators, this human is quite the show-off, Eloriel thought. Does he think he's king or something?

"King Cailan?" Duncan asked in disbelief. Oh, so he really is a king, Eloriel thought with a frown. Great.

"You sound surprised Duncan. Didn't expect a royal greeting?" Cailan questioned. "I heard you have a new recruit?" The king then looked to the right of Duncan . "And I take it this lovely lady is she."

Shemlen kings and their stupid first impressions.

"Ah yes, my name is Eloriel, it is a pleasure to meet you, king Cailan," she told him with a fake smile. The king put his hand out to her vertically. What the heck is he doing? In confusion, she looked up to Duncan who had been discreetly showing her what to do. She looked back to the king and hesitatingly took his hand where he immediately began shaking hers up and down.

Stupid shemlens and their greetings.

"You are an archer, are you not? And from the alienage?" Cailan asked her with a nod to her bow and quiver.

"I am an archer but I am not lost elf," she spat through gritted teeth.

"But if ai understand, the markings-"

"I have not been able to receive."

"Oh, well, I am sorry for the ill-timing but at least these battles will end shortly."

Now it was time for Duncan to join in on the conversation. "Shortly?" he repeated as if that the very idea was ridiculous.

"Indeed, Duncan. We have won every battle against the darkspawn so far-"

"So far," Eloriel interrupted, crossing her arms.

"You have found quite the feisty recruit, haven't you, Duncan?" Cailan asked with a smile.

"King Cailan, the darkspawn cannot defeated within a matter of battles. I would listen to your uncle. He sends his regards and says Redcliffe forces will arrive shortly," Duncan advised.

"Eamon just wants in on the glory!" Cailan said with a chuckle.

Stupid shems and their ignorance.

"Just think of it, Duncan," king Cailan tells him, arching his hands in front of him. "A galant king riding into battle with the Grey Wardens. Glorious!"

So he's a king who wants to be a king told in stories to be sung for ages? Pathetic.

Duncan now stood beside him. "Indeed."

At this point, Eloriel zoned out. She was never one for listening in on a subject that did not concern her. To put it simply; she didn't like eavesdropping. The main reason being that she would just blurt it out thirty seconds later.