Razza lowers his head a bit. He looks down at his knees.

"So what now?"

"Well, I think that the most logical thing to do would be to tell our stories over breakfast- you two are both hungry, are you not?" Drake glances at us both, flicking his gaze between us.

My stomach rumbles slightly, and all of a sudden I realise how hungry I am.

"Starving."

Drake stands up.

"Then breaky is on me."

*

I sigh contently as I lean back in my chair and close my eyes. This Drake guy may look a bit frightening, but he sure is a good cook. The plate of bacon and eggs I just had tasted just like the ones Mum had made back at home.

Eh, it was probably just because I was half starved that it tasted like this. After all, Razza hadn't been jumping out of his seat crying out about how good it was.

I frowned. I missed my adopted parents.

I hope we can get back to them soon.

"So just where exactly did you learn to cook? You don't exactly look like the guy who could just walk into some random village and ask to take cooking classes. And where on Earth did you even get the food, seeing it's clearly just you who lives here." I heard Razza say.

"I had a couple of friends long ago. One of them was an expert on survivalist food, the other one was an elf, like your little brother over there. She was actually a rather OK cook, once she got into it. She taught me once she once she was the best in her tribe (A/N group, Elven City, whatever) hence how I became such skilled cook such as herself."

I opened my eyes to see Drake taking a sip out of his coffee. I was partly annoyed because he had cast me off as an elf, but it didn't necessarily matter. For the moment.

"As for the food materials, I do like to visit inhabited areas that aren't too far from here. There is a town a little way away- called Uldin, I think- that has a farm and other supplies. Of course, I always pay for the things I take. I am no thief."

Razza nodded quietly.

"So do you actually talk to the people or...?"

Drake's eyes widened.

"Good gracious no! I can never let them see me, who knows how they would have reacted? I am always very discreet when I work, so I travel only at night. Thus, I rarely ever see a human face."

He blinks and looks at us.

"In fact, now that I think about it, you two are the first real people that I have spoken to in what, two, maybe three thousand years?"

Razza and I stare at him. I decide to join in on the conversation.

"So what happened to your friends?"

Drake is silent for a few moments, then says simply,

"I outlived them all."

There was a moment of silence from the three of us, which was only broken when Razza said, "I'm sorry."

"Even the elf?" I ask.

Drake didn't reply, but turned his head to me, with a look in his eyes that said clearly, "What do you think?" and said nothing. His left eye was a dull white. But as I look at him, I can see it shine briefly.

As the Endermen hybrid stared at me, a sudden pain lanced through my head. I cried out and fell to my knees.

Razza was by my side in an instant.