Sleepless Nights - E

You lived down the road from Ethan and Grayson, your best friends. You weren't dating Ethan but you both had feelings for each other, you were both just scared of losing the friendship.

One cold but summer night, it was still quite light outside and it was about 1am when you heard a gentle tap on your window. You couldn't sleep so you were playing on your phone, it made you jump a bit. You looked out the window to see a cuddly looking Ethan, wearing his warm pyjamas and a hoodie. You giggled a little and hurried to open the window to tell him to wait at the door.

You tiptoed downstairs and opened the door, being greeted by a very tired Ethan.

"What are you doing?" You asked quietly.

"I'm so tired but I can't sleep at all." He yawned.

"Oh coz that makes sense, goof." You giggled and shut the door carefully, standing next to Ethan on the porch outside. "What's up?"

"I have a lot on my mind. I'm sorry for waking you up at this time." He mumbled apologetically.

"You didn't wake me up at all! Even if you did, I wouldn't complain if you need me." You smiled and hugged him. Neither of you moved away, you stayed in his arms where it was warm and safe.

"I'm just thinking about so much... You being something I'm thinking about." He spoke and played with your hair.

"What do you mean? Is everything alright?" You said nervously.

"I, I don't know how to say this because I know we have mentioned it before but my parents always said if you want something so bad, you need to chase after it and never give up on it. I want you y/n, I want you in every way. I want you to be mine..." He whispered in a pleading voice.

"Eth, I don't know what to say. I really like you too but as I've said before, I don't want to lose my best friend." You sighed, rubbing his cold hands which were not locked with yours.

"You won't. I promise to never hurt you or lose you. I won't let anything happen." He said.

"You really promise?" You asked nervously.

"Yes."

"Pinkie promise me." You laughed and held out your little pinkie finger to join with his. Your little finger joined with his and they linked together.

"I pinkie promise, you idiot." He smiled.

"Thank you Ethan." You said and hugged him tighter. You could smell his shower gel and deodorant faintly. His minty cool breath lingered near your ear as he spoke;

"Now I can go to bed and sleep. You'll still be on my mind though."

"Good night Ethan." You smiled and stood up.

"Good night beautiful." He smirked and kissed your forehead.