"Thank you so much for coming in, Aiden. I'll have the portfolio ready for you next week," she told him.

"Sure. Hey, Em J?" he asked.

"Yes?"

"Thanks a lot. I really don't have a clue as to how to make this a memorable one for my parents, so I'm glad I have you bouncing ideas left and right."

"Yeah, no prob. It's my job," she smiled.

Aiden just looked at her for a minute. She really was a very pretty woman. He was surrounded by gorgeous actresses in his profession all the time, but there was something about Em J that set her apart somehow. Maybe it was because she was obviously beautiful but didn't seem obsessed with her looks. Maybe because she had a smile that could light up a room. Maybe because it was her extremely affable personality that attracted her to him. Wait...what? He wasn't supposed to be distracted by her! He cleared his throat and stretched out his hand for a handshake before he left. She shook it and the spark was once again there for her. She had to restrain herself from swooning like in those historical romance novels she used to read as a teenager.

She watched as he finally left and continued to stare at the door long after he was gone. She let out an audible sigh, not realizing that she had an audience behind her in Lily, Amanda, and Lizzie.

"Ahem," Lizzie obnoxiously cleared her throat.

Emily Jane visibly jumped at the sound. She turned around abruptly and held a hand over her heart.

"Oh my gosh, Lizzie! You scared me! How long have you guys been standing there?"

"Long enough to watch you make googly eyes with your love bug," Lizzie said and stuck her tongue out at Em J.

"No wonder you dressed up today. We thought we were getting audited or something and you had to put on your best clothes! Turns out, it was a most important client meeting," Amanda winked and giggled.

"Ugh, will you guys stop? I was the consummate professional," Em J said with a nod.

"I know you'd like to consummate with Mr. Aiden Carter," Lizzie continued to tease.

"Lizzie, we're supposed to be sisters!"

"And that's why I can say these things to you!" Lizzie continued to laugh. "Anyway, for real, though, Em J, you two would actually make a really cute couple!"

"I agree," Amanda said. "And he looks pretty smiley with you as well, you're not the only one taken, it seems."

"Stop it..." Emily Jane waved them off. "You think?" she smiled sheepishly.

"I think," Amanda added.

"I think so, too," Lily added.

"You guys are just pulling my leg now. Let's all make fun of Em J and her big ol' crush on an unattainable movie star! Hey, dreaming is free!" Emily Jane pouted.