Catch me if you can

Thanks for reading!!! :D

(Macs POV)

Today I drove to the airport to go pick Sophie up form her Paris trip. She said se had something to tell me and that she would meet me at the baggage claim. I sat down at a bench once there and waited by the baggage claim. I waited for an hour! Her plane was supposed to land at 3:00pm. It was now 4:19. Where the hell was she??

"Hey you've reached Sophie's voicemail! Leave a message!"

Great.

"Hey soph it's Mac! I'm here to pick you up but I-" I lost my train of thought when I saw her walk over to me, while holding hands with some guy. I'm assuming this was the French guy I had heard so much about.

"There you are Mac!"

"Yeah, is everything ok?" I asked

"Oh yeah! Well, this is my boyfriend Francisco. Francisco, Mac." She introduced us. His name was Francisco?? Wow. He was very very tall, skinny and had a little but of a mustache. I couldn't see why she found him attractive, but she looked happy, and that's what mattered.

"We are,...how you say, engaged?" He said

"Good English babe!" Sophie exclaimed.

"ENGAGED?" I cried out.

"Yes! He proposed when we went to the Eiffel Tower! Isn't that sweet? We are getting married next spring, and I'll be moving to Paris in a few months! Crazy right?.......Mac, say something."

I was shocked. Not only was she marrying this guy, but moving to France?

"Wow."

"That's all you have to say?" She said as if she were offended.

"Lets just talk about it later. I'm kinda surprised. I'm happy for you both, just surprised that's all." I gave them a weak smile and walked toward the doors to o find the car while they got their luggage.

*****

The airport nearest us was about an hour away and the whole time the two French lovebirds sat in the backseat wrapped in each others arms. It was nice to see Sophie with a guy that she cared for and that equally cared for her, but I didn't like Francisco very much. I don't know why.

****

"I told you! I just get this creepy bad vibe from him! He's just nothing like what she looks for in a guy, looks or personality wise." I said to mason. I went over to his house that night for dinner so Sophie and what's his face could have some alone time.

"Mac, just give him a chance, he just got here! Who knows? Maybe he will be the best thing to happen in Sophie's life? Don't jump o any conclusions that might risk her happiness." Mason said

"Since when did you get to be so wise?" I teased

"Always been that way babe. Just add that to your list of good qualities I have," he said.

*cough cough* "conceited!" I said.

"Oh that's it!" He said and scooped me up off of the couch and swung me over his shoulder. He headed out the sliding glass door and into the backyard. Once I realized where we were headed, I shrieked.

"No mason don't!!" I screamed.

He did anyway. He threw me into his dark pool. I resurfaced from underwater and glared at him.

"Really?" I said. He just looked at me and laughed. He offered a hand to help me out of the water, and instead I pulled him in too. He came up and looked at me, now inches away from my face.

"Are we even now?" He whispered. I smiled and nodded. He then leaned in and kissed me for several minutes. We just stood there in the dark pool with only the moon to light up our faces. Our kissing was interrupted by the pool lights being turned on. We looked over to find the source.

"You guys, I don't know if I should say aww or gross. I'm gona go with aww." Rachel said and laughed as she walked away.

"She so funny!" I said and laughed too

" I'm glad you two like each other. It's so nice that all of my family likes you." Mason said.

"I'm glad too! Now come on, I'll race you to the door!"

"Oh you're on city girl!" He grinned and tried to push me.

"Catch me if you can country boy!"