Auntie Dearest

Only a few chapters left I'm afraid 😭

The following weeks went by slowly, but in a good way. Mason and I were back to normal after the whole Kyle incident, and we hadn't seen him around since. All of mason's friends were mad at Kyle for doing what he did.

We were now sitting at Sophie's kitchen table eating some dinner. Mason sat across from me and kept looking up at me, and when I caught him he looked away as if he hadn't been staring. At first it was a look of admiration, a sweet look. But it became a troubled and concerned look all too quickly.

"Mason what's wrong?"

"It's nothing."

Ok.....he didn't think I was seriously going to drop that conversation?

"Obviously something is bothering you. What is it?"

He sighed. "I got a call from someone today who claims to be your aunt. She said she was worried about you and that she had been trying to get a hold of you but couldn't. She said she got my number from the phone book and my name from a letter you sent her from the beginning if the summer. Mac, how come you're not talking to your aunt anymore?"

Oh crap.

"I, I umm," I scratched the back of my neck with my hand and tried to get around the subject, there was no way around it though.

"All right. I just don't want to talk to her because of some things she said to me the last time we spoke. She told me that I was wasting my time down here with Sophie. She said some pretty mean things about her and said that her life wasn't going anywhere and asked if I wanted that to happen to me. And when she started saying that my relationship with you was the same way, just a waste of time I, I lost it. I told her that I would come to get my things at some point and leave for good."

I hadn't realized that I was crying until mason reached over to wipe my tears away with his thumb.

"Baby, it's ok. Who cares what she says? As long as you don't think you're wasting your one with soph or I, it doesn't matter. I, I don't wana lose you Mac. You're the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. As long as you'll have me, I'll be at your side."

I smiled. "I like the sound of that." He leaned in and pressed a small kiss to my lips.