My Yami, Chapter 1: Yugi's POV

I was up stairs in Yami's and I's room. Writing a poem inside one of my notebooks. When I saw a flash of gold. I looked around the room and saw the Millennium Puzzle on top of Yami's dresser. And I couldn't help but think about him.

Yami is everything that I wish I could of been a long time ago. Before he showed me that I was perfect the way I am. And that I don't need to change who I am. He's strong, brave, caring, and handsome.

Ever since the day I solved the Millennium Puzzle. He's been there right by my side, every step of the way. At first he wasn't as kind as he was now, but I was able to show him the light. We both helped each other become stronger then we were before.

I love Yami, with all of my heart and soul. He showed me that I was stronger then I thought that I could be. He was my first real friend. And as the years goes by we have grown closer to each other. We had grown even closer after the gods gave Yami, his own body and let him stay. After I had won the final dual. At first I thought that I would lose him forever after I had won the duel. But I didn't lose him and I 'm happy that I didn't have to say goodbye to him forever.  I am so happy that he stayed. Because I had fallen in love with him. I love everything about him. I love that he's so kind and always wanting to protect everyone he loves. And I just love the way that he makes me feel so loved.

I still remember the day that Yami told me that he loved me. I was so happy and overwhelmed, that I just stood there for a minute completely speechless. I didn't think that he would love me back. I thought that he only liked me like a close/best friend. But he really loves me. He loves me for who I am and nothing more and nothing less. And I will always love him. Yami has always believed in me when no one else did. He encouraged me to duel more and to become a stronger dualist.

Yami will always be my other half, my darkness. The other half of my heart and soul that I had been looking for so long. The one who will forever hold my heart. And I never want to lose him and his love.

I will never betray him. I will always be there for him. Together we can fight the darkness that tries to control him. It would be us against the world. I never want to see him hurt again. I want him to always be by my side. To never let me be consumed by the darkness, that tries to take me away from the light. Because I love him to much to ever want to be away from him. Without him, I wouldn't be about to be as strong as I am today. He's the only one that can truly make me happy and love me,the way that I want to be loved.

Yami is my strength. He is my friend and Savior. And he will always be my every thing. Without him there will always be an empty void within my heart. A void, only his love can fill.

He is my love and I love him, always.

END OF YUGI'S THOUGHTS

/Yugi?/ Yami said through their mind link.

/Yes, Yami./ Yugi said as he snapped out of his thoughts

/I love you too. My beautiful Aibou, always./ Yami said.