Chapter Two

Rebel Me This: Chapter Two

_________________________

             "If you were a periodical element, which one would you be?" Lionel asked Joy, while laying on his bed one day, looking at her laying on his rug out of the corner of his eyes. It had been a month since they became friends and Lionel was super happy, he had never had a friend before, he had always been too weird or too smart for the company of the cool teens. Joy liked Lionel's weird behaviors and she enjoyed how smart he was because he never did anything stupid to get them in trouble, unlike her brother and Samwise always did. Lionel's mother was the only one unhappy about this new friendship, she thought it was taking away from Lionel's studies and she was worried he would end up like George (Lionel's older brother).

"I think I would be potassium because it can be explosive but it is also in the human body."

"Gold because sometimes I might not look like I am worth a lot, but once you shine me, you have found out my true worth. If you were a Pokemon, which one would you be?" Joy asked, sitting up on the floor to look at Lionel, who was still dressed in his school clothes. They were trying to pass time before they went to Lionel's school to watch the track and field competition where Joy wanted to root for the twins, she even made signs.

"A Psyduck because everyone takes them for granted and thinks they are slow, but in reality they are not."

"Oh, good choice! I am going to go with...Squirtle, just because it is my favorite Pokemon."

"If you had only two days left, whether it be from a disease or world destruction, what would you do?" Lionel sat up on his bed, sparring a quick look towards Samwise's room, before he turned to completely look at Joy.

"I would do all the things I've always wanted to do but was too afraid of how my parents would react. Like I would probably dye my hair, get a tattoo...get my clothes dirty, good clothes. Stuff like that." As Lionel spoke he ran his hands through his snow white hair, it was cut in a fashionable enough style —it was his mother's approved style— Lionel just always thought it was too plain for his personality.

"I don't know, I think I would just do things I would want to do, like re-read my favorite book, spend time with people I love, definitely not go to school. Swim buck-naked in that fountain in the middle of town, tell my mom and dad I love them for letting me be myself, stuff like that." As Joy spoke, she looked at Lionel, still rubbing his hands in his slightly fohawk hair. Joy had never lived a sheltered life, her parents allowed her to do whatever she wanted as long as she got good grades, she wasn't pregnant and she was happy. Joy didn't know what it was like to live with restrictions, with so many rules you were afraid to breath too loudly or scream or express yourself healthy, it was weird for her to see. Joy was slowly trying to open Lionel up to newer things, make him experience stuff that his parents have been shielding from.

"I am going to go down and talk to your mommy about snacks, while you can get changed and grab me something that has your school colors to wear." Joy jumped up and left quickly, Lionel got up and changed. Lionel changed into his Seniors school shirt and grabbed his old Juniors shirt for Joy —honestly, they were the only school colored/themed thing he owned and he didn't even buy them by choice, his mother forced him into it— he also pulled on a pair of super tight skinny jeans since he had bought them on a whim once and were never worn, but today was a good day to wear them. He jogged down the stairs —as swiftly as one could in his super tight new jeans— to where Joy was currently busy putting sandwiches and juice boxes into her...bag? Is that what those were called, tote bag? Well, Lionel was not sure but the baggy tote thing was now filled with nom noms. Joy changed her shirt in the middle of the kitchen —she knew Lionel was gay and felt that meant she could be naked around him without having to worry about it later— and with her grabbing her bag, they were getting into Joy's car that is if you could call it a 'car' , Lionel refers to it as the cat, since it makes a weird sound similar to a dying cat.