Chapter One

Rebel Me This: Chapter One

 ________________________

Summary:

Lionel Robinson was a good boy, always had been until the neighborhood bad boy tickled his fancy, making Lionel question the way he has been living his life. Lionel was going to be friends with Samwise Marshall, even if Sam didn't want be be friends because Lionel as good as he may be, has always gotten what he wanted. (boyxboy)

________________________

            Lionel Robinson never understood the point to disobey one's parents, he did everything he was ever asked, never did anything he knew was wrong but part of him wondered about the other half. Lionel blames his queries on his neighbors, the ones his bedroom window faces, they were always fighting. Mrs. Marshall was constantly yelling at her seventeen year old son for doing something wrong. They fought all the time, loudly, even having the police being called once or twice. Mrs. Marshall, or Anne as she liked to be called —but Lionel thought it was disrespectful to call her that— just wanted her son to be the best he could be. That and her husband, Jim, has recently asked for a divorce and the talk around town is that it is the son's fault —not that Lionel believes a word the old ladies said while he was in the bakery, they once gabbed about knowing Neil Armstrong and Lionel is pretty sure that never happened— whatsoever. See, the thing you need to know about Anne's son is that he was from a previous relationship of hers, he was not Jim's kid and the son loved to rebel. His name is Samwise Gamgee Marshall —Anne was a big fan of Lord of the Rings, to the point where she named ALL her children after characters from the books, but the kids don't seem to mind too much though— and he was everything mothers' warn their daughters about: he had a bunch of tattoos —not that Lionel has any clue what they are, he only ever sees them from far away—, Sam dyes his hair colors that his school does not approve of —not that Lionel is a hundred percent sure of this, Lionel and Samwise go to two different schools, Lionel visits a private one whereas  Sam is publically schooled— Samwise smokes all the time —whether it be cigarettes or whatever else that looks like a cigarette. Sam was a big No-No for goody two shoes Lionel but hewants him, wants to get to know Samwise, wants to know why he first said no to his mother, why he first did something he knew was wrong.

        Lionel was unsure of when these feelings and thoughts started about Samwise, it might have been when Lionel was watering the lawn a week ago and looked over at the oddly quiet Marshall house —because even when Anne was not yelling at Samwise, she had four other children —who were all loud enough to make people insomniac— to see Sam smoking something against his house, glaring at Lionel. Everyone had always loved Lionel, they had to, he was made to be loved. Samwise glaring at Lionel, it had put the gears into motions, Lionel was going to make friends with the neighborhood bad boy. Even if it got him in trouble. Just not too much trouble though, like hopefully Lionel will not get jail time or grounded. That would make his family have a heart attack.

The first part of Lionel's plan, was being outside of his house whenever he could be and when he wasn't home, he would ask people about The Marshall family. Everyone in his town loved the rest of the Marshall family: Peregrin Took (Pippin) and Meriadoc Brandybuck (Merri) were the sixteen year old twins; Elrond Rivendell (Ronnie) was the thirteen year old boy and Arwen Evenstar (Wennie) was the four year old girl. Pippin and Meri went to Lionel's high school, they were quite smart and socially liked, so there was a river of information he could gain about them. Samwise was surely harder to find more knowledge about, everyone had an opinion on him but none of them really knew him personally, aside from his three best friends. Shawn and Joy Gibbs, they were siblings and Joy was a year younger than Samwise and The Gibbs  (the talk around town was Joy only hung out with Samwise and her brother was because everyone else thought she was too weird, but then again, Lionel could not trust the old ladies that came into the bakery). Then there was Krystal Hale, an A+ student, worked at the town library and had multicolored hair in streaks. Samwise, Shawn, Joy and Krystal were best friends and boy, they gave off the essence of trouble from miles away. Always getting themselves kick out of stores, getting their pictures hanged up for naughty behavior, ding-dong ditching (that was the worse thing Lionel could think of, blame his parents). They only talked to each other, so Lionel hit a road block there and it frustrated him.