Luke Shaw Injury A/N

Okay, I promise that an update is coming within the next week. I've Ben so busy with school and getting ready for Homecoming. I have to be after school basically every day for French Club and French National Honours Society as the President. Before I can do that, I'd like to talk about the game yesterday. Manchester United vs PSV.

Luke Shaw. One of the main characters in this story and one of mine and Maggie's favourite players.

He's out. He's out for at least six months with a double compound fracture to his leg. I'm completely devastated for him. I cried when I first read about it on my OneFootball app. At first when I saw that he had been subbed off, I was pissed. Like really Luke? You injured yourself? Come on man! You're having a fantastic season and then you injure yourself?! WHAT A TOOLBOX! Then, I scrolled and saw that he had broken his leg. I was in denial. Like no. That didn't happen. So I checked Twitter. Yep. It happened. It was the number one world wide trending topic on Twitter. Holy shit.

So from there, I watched the video of the tackle. Holy shit. HOLY SHIT! I was in pain watching it! I wanted to throw up when I saw the tackle. I wanted to throw up for him! Like I was just horrified. That was terrible. When I looked at video closely, at least in my opinion, I believe that Man U should've gotten a penalty and Moreno should've been sent off with a red card. If there wasn't a pk or a red card given, then that tackle was at bare minimum a yellow card. But what was given? NOTHING FUCKING NOTHING!

Maggie and I discussed this last night. We're furious. Like what the fuck?! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?! That's insanity. Like I understand that the ref is supposedly one of the best for the UEFA CL, but he screwed up. He screwed up big time! He should be fired. Like if I ever saw that ref, I would have no problem telling him off and cussing him out. That was a shit decision.

Furthermore, even if it wasn't started with malicious intent, it ended up being malicious. Luke's leg was broken in two places. While he is a resilient young man with a bright future ahead of him, this could be a career changing injury. We saw him struggle last year with his fitness. He needs time to recover, but at the same time, he will be loosing muscle which worked hard to build up over the summer in Dubai with Adnan. Speaking of Adnan, I cried when I saw his tweet to Luke. The feels were real.

Anyways. Let me know your reactions to Luke's horrific injury.

Best wishes to Luke and his family during this very difficult time.

Xx Hannah