chapter 2

She could see us. I couldn't believe it. Jack was believed in by some kids once, but I have never been believed in. Partly because nobody knows I exist. Honestly, would you expect anybody to know the name Jet Lardine?

"Uhh, yeah. That was Frost-boy. Pain in the ass to me though," I was still recovering from the shock of being seen. I know it sounds creepy when I said I was going to walk through her, but let me explain. When I walk through people, I can feel their emotions. Their pain, sadness, happiness. Makes me feel like I have a life. She had looked interesting, so I wanted to see how she was feeling. Man, glad she moved back. That would have been really awkward. Oh sorry! Just trying to feel your emotions, didn't mean to knock you to the ground. Normally I go straight through!

"Pain in the-"

"Hey Suzie! Who the hell are you talking to??" One of the guys cut her off. She grinned at him before turning to (invisible to him) me.

"What's your name?" I grinned. I just happened to be a really good singer.

"Oh na na, what's my name? Oh na na, what's my name? Oh na na, what's my name? What's my name? What's my name?" I sang in my best voice. She started laughing really hard. The guy looked at her like she was crazy. Well, she looked like she was talking to air. And Frost-boy picked that moment to show up and ruin my chat with this cutie.

"WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?! Since when...?!?! How?!?!" I was pleased to see I had made his normally pale face go red with anger. Suzie's laughter had faded as she took in the sight of Jack. I thought her cheeks go a little red. Oh please! Don't tell me she likes him? Ughh.

"Told ya you didn't want to mess with me," I was LOVING this. Finally I was making taunts. I was striking him down.

'You know each other?" Suzie asked. She was so adorable. Looking like she was going to get in trouble for asking a question.

"Yeah," I said, "but a little cutie like you doesn't need to know the details." I winked. Her cheeks went red and she looked down. Jack narrowed his eyes.

"Woah, woah, woah. Pitch already had a son, he doesn't need grandkids!' Who shoved a pole up his ass?? Suzie's eyes widened.

"What do you just call him?" I laughed. Pitch, bitch. HA!

"No, " I said, "Pitch, P-I-T-C-H. As in Pitch Black the boogeyman," I explained. Jack seemed to realize something.

"Wait.....You can see us?!?!" Then he smirked. "Well, you can obviously see me. Hard not to miss these good looks.(Woah, cocky much??) But you can see Death-boy over there?"

"Death..?! Boy..?! Excuseeee meee?" I said, noodle-necking my head so I made Suzie laugh, "I ain't no Death-boi!!" She cracked a smile, really trying to hold in her laugh. Success! Now jack looks like the bad guy. Suzie then glared at Jack.

"Why are you calling him "Death-boy?" she took up a defensive position in front of me. Jack just sort of looked at her, and then a sparkle came into his eyes. He leaned forward, bringing his face close to hers. I was about to object, but then, while Suzie was distracted, he shot some icicles over her shoulder.

"OW!!!! WHAT THE HELL DUDE!?!?!" ok, not cool. Jack smirked. Suzie's eyes fluttered open. Wait, they were closed?! Jack shoots me with icicles, and almost steals my girl. yeah, that's right. officially calling dibs. Suzie looked hurt, mad, and embarassed. She slapped jack across the face. Oh..yes!! She then gripped her hand and looked down at it in shock.

"You're so...cold," she said. I snorted.

"It's Frost-boy. Waddiya expect? However, if you happened to touch me, I wouldn't freeze your hand." I winked suggestively and she blushed. Gah, adorable! Jack rolled his eyes.

"You didn't have to hit me."

"But she wanted too," I was loving the fact she slapped him. Awesomeeee.... Woah, what is that..?

Hovering obove my house was the wickedest, sharpest, darkest, coolest, most dangerous looking thing I had ever seen. It was this chariot. Spikes on the wheels, all black, death horses, points and jagged spikey things coming off the side. I was transfixed. I would LOVE to drive that. I felt a presence behind me, and Jack's eyes went wide.

"Pitch, " he growled. I turned to meet my Dad for the first time face-to-face.

"Now Jack. This is a family reunion," my Dad's poor attempt for a smile turned into a sneer, my sneer, "so butt out! And you," I tensed as his gaze fixed on Suzie, "who are you?"

"S-Suzie Sobel. A-are you bitch?" Her eyes grew wide with fear. "I mean Pitch!! Pitch. P-I-T-C-H!"My Dad frowned.

"Watch your mouth girl. I won't give you any nightmares however. I sense my son has a preference when it comes to people. You're high up on his list." Pitch turned to me. "Isn't that right, Jet Black?" I glared.

"My name isn't Jet Black. It's Jet Lardine." Dad's face turned shocked.

"You kept Jennette's name?" His voice cracked on my mother's name. Jack let out any angry breath.

"I'm still here!! And I'm not going to butt out of your "touching" reunion. I am supposed to be babysitting your little brat," he directed this at Dad, and then turned to me, "and you blasted me with your dark energy powers. Soo, I'm going to attack both of you." His staff glowed that ice blue as he shot ice at Dad. I could feel both tempers rising. I then discovered the key to always having my power. I could just take Jack's anger and annoyance with me, and harness it to make my power! DUHHHH

I concentrated again, and put out defences around Suzie and I. Didn't want her getting hurt now, did we? I then forced a barrier out between the two. Jack looked miffed, adding to my strength. Dad looked pleased.

"Yes! You are ready to join me now." Ok...what?

"So you ignore me all these years, randomly come back, and expect my help to do evil things?" Why is this somehow sounding appealing to me? I was feeling like a bad boy. "Ok, sure. I'll join the dark side for a while. See ya, Frost-boy. Bye babe," I said, and winked at Suzie. I followed my Dad up to the chariot. he flicked the reins, and we were gone.