Chapter 2

Chapter Two

That was the most torturous car ride of my entire life. Never again. It wouldn't have been so bad if I was with some other people but instead I was stuck with an annoying girl who just kept talking, and an alpha that just kept yelling.

I got out of the car and looked around. I saw that we were in the middle of the forest but there was a large mansion and a parking lot which we were in right now. The mansion was kinda split into two parts. One was dome shaped and the other kinda looked like a hotel. I also noticed that there were several other cars gathered around where my car had parked. People were getting out, all looking my age or a little younger.

"Okay, Vicky and Elizabeth, we have to head to the main building for a quick go through for the rules and then you are going to have 10 minutes to chat with your other competitors to look for possible ally's." We start walking towards the building. "After that you get to go to bed to get your last good nights sleep. Wake up is 6:00 sharp and you have to report to your hairdresser to get ready. Last but not least everyone is going to meet for a quick roll-call and then we send you to your certain death- I mean to the arena." The alpha says, clearly not happy that we ended up being the people to represent his pack in the first Grrr Games.

"Thanks your just so positive!" I say in a sarcastic voice.

"I just can't believe that I got stuck with you two." He mutters, but with my werewolf hearing I hear him.

"Hey, just you watch, I'm gonna win this thing, and when I do, your gonna wish that you put more faith in me." I say and start walking away on my own.

"Wrong way, retard!"

I turn around and start walking the right way towards the large mansion.

*****
We walk into the mansion and are blinded by the beautiful white that is all around us. White walls, white marble floors, crustal chandeliers hanging from above. All of my other fellow "tributes" gawk along with me.

"Wow, this is magnificent." A girl next to me says.

"Yeah, it truly is." She turns toward me with a smile.

"Hi, my names Taylor." She holds out her hand for me to shake.

"Vicky." We then share a firm handshake.

"So, I'm needing some allies, you know, people I can trust."

"Yeah? What are you saying?" I hope she isn't saying what I'm think she's saying.

"Wanna be allies?" Op, there it is.

"Look, Taylor?" She nods. "I'm more of a solo type of person, I don't want a burden to have to carry along with me on my way to success." In that moment you can feel the change in the air. Instead of an easy, breezy air, it's more of a tense air. Just full of tension.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying exactly what you think I'm saying." She growls. So I get all up in her face to tell her off. "Yeah, that's right. I don't want to have to carry along ur weak ass cuz I'm on a make it to the top, and the only one who would be in my way, would be you. So back off and just let me do my thing."

"Ugh fine, whatever. But just remember this. When the time comes when we have to kill one another, just make sure you know that I will kill you, no matter what it takes, you will be lying on the ground underneath my feet, helpless, and I will have my revenge." With that she turns on her heal and walks away, probably to her alpha.

I turn back to my alpha and see him walking away with Liz. I run to catch up. I walk next to him, a bit winded.

"You couldn't wait for me?" I ask.