midnight

'Summary: It's New Years and they throw a party.

'Word count: 639

'Phil's pov:

It's almost midnight and I literally have no idea where Dan is. We always watch the countdown together, but it doesn't look like it this year...

Now calm down, you must be thinking that we kiss and... stuff. Well we don't. We don't do anything, except sit there and watching the countdown, with the occasional hug or kiss on the cheek. But I really want us to kiss... Actually, I was planning on kissing Dan tonight, unless I find him, that is.

I run all over our flat looking for Dan. Jeez, I didn't realize we had so many people over. I'm guessing around 40 people, 50 at most, and that's a lot of people for me and Dan.

I glance at the clock. Two minutes left. Two minutes to find my Dan.

I hear a crash behind me and jump. I turn to see Dan looking down at flowers and broken glass. He's looking around to see if anybody saw or to possibly pass the blame on to someone else, either one, who knows.

"Dan, how did you do that?" I ask walking over to him. I go on my knees and found a random cup on the floor to carefully pick up the glass pieces.

"Philly didn't you see? I karate chopped that motherfucking bitch!" Dan slurred and I looked up to see him chopping the air, adding the occasional kung-fu noise with one hand, the other with some beer. Yes! I love drunk Dan! 

Now that sounds bad. It isn't, I swear! I just mean that Dan is so awesome when he's drunk. He's so chatty and lovey-dovey and acts like everyone is his best friend. Oh! And he also acts like a complete idiot, so I have a lot of blackmail.

"You're drunk" I chuckle, picking up the last pieces and the flowers. I stand up, hearing my knees crack, trying to find a place for the cup. I eventually put the flowers and cup next to each other on the small table where Dan knocked it over.

"No, you're drunk," he says with a smug look on his face.

"Let's go sit, yeah? And I'll take that," I grab his beer, " from you," I quickly throw away his beer in the nearest can of bottles I find. Note to self: I need to clean that up later.

"Hey! I wasn't done Philly!" He groans.

I drag him to the couch where we were the only two ones. Weird...

"You're my Lion. Rawr!" Dan laughs and snarls. He claws with his fingers, lightly scratching me. That's so cute!

"Okay. What can I call you?" I smile.

"Bear! 'Cuz I'm cuddly and warm!" Dan wraps his arms around himself and swings smiling softly, eyes closed. Suddenly he opens his eyes and looks around.

"What are you lo-"

"Lionnnnnn! There's only 20 seconds left! Nineteen...eighteen..." He counted all the way to five and then I joined in.

"Five!" I smiled and looked at Dan, who was already looking at me. Gosh, he's so adorable.

"Four!" I scoot next to him and he places his head on my shoulder.

"Three!" He whispers.

"Two." We both whisper together.

"One" I hear outside screaming and cheering.

"Happy new year Dan!" I smile and lift my head.

"Oh Philly!" He leans in so I spread my arms wide for the hug, but it never came. Instead was a sweet, gentle kiss.

Dan put his hand on the back of my neck and the other wraps around my waist, bringing me closer. I never wanted this to stop, but he reeked of alcohol. I pulled away and I rested my forehead against his.

"Happy new year my Danasaur."

"Happy new year to you too Philly Lion" he giggles.