Chapter 12

HEY GUYS!! Yes!! I'm not deeeeaaaad!! I'm so so so alive right now. Okay I should stop.

So quick recap!

Micheal was about to rape Kenzie again but Mark arrived in time.
Now we continue.

______________________
Mackenzie's POV.

We got home easily, it was nearly 8 in the evening now. Going home I felt that I wouldn't meet any kids and their joyful voices but Mark told me that Caro would be there too, and she's a kid herself!

What I meant is that there's not much of a difference between Caro and children because instead of getting more mature as she grew up, she became more childish. Not in a bad way, of course.

I walk into the house only too be greated by Sunshine. "Hey girl" I coo. I walk in further and then I see Caro, standing at the last step, glaring at me, holding her daughter.

She reached out and engulfed me in a half hug because of the child. "You're such an evil bitch, Kenz. I mean, instead of going through what you did just now, you could have spilled the truth." She says.

"I'm so sorry, Caro. I-I-I don't know w-w-what came o-o-over me," I hiccuped in between sobs. "I just--"

And then I was cut off by sirens.

"The police." Mark says, grabbing my hand.

"Shit, Mark!! What if Micheal reported you?!" I gasp.

Mark tensed, but shook his head. "Then good, because I can tell them what he did to you."

I nod slowly, it was a good idea. Caroline left to feed the child.

The crunching of the gravel indicated that the police were headed up here. I sigh as they got out of their cars and came up to us.

"Mark Zaree Matt?"

"Yes sir?" Mark replies, holding my hand tighter.

"You are being arrested for attacking and badly injuring your bother, Micheal Zaree Matt." He says.

I gasp. "Wait what why when how?!" I say, in shock. "He didn't do anything! Only that he saved my life!" I say, nearing to tears.

But they didn't listen. They handcuffed him and took him away.

Oh my God. Oh my dear God.

I started drawing in breaths as the surroundings started getting blurry and black spots appeared everywhere. All I remember was Mark screaming my name as I fell onto the wooden patio of my house, and there was a harsh sound. That's when I blacked out.

______
I woke up, my ribs burning and head aching.

"Mark?" I croak out, my throat all dry and raspy.

Caroline arrived into the bedroom. "Hey sis." She smiled sadly at me.

Memories hit me like a ton of brick. "SHIT! Caroline!! Mark! Micheal! The p-p-" I started coughing like a lunatic and sank into the pillow in complete and utter exhaustion.

"Here." She helped me sip water and then settled at the edge of the bed. "Mackenzie..." She sighed.

"Spill. Now." I narrow my eyes grab her by the shoulders.

"M-Mark's been imprisoned. Mark has been imprisoned, Mackenzie. 2 years. They wouldn't listen. He's been thrown into the slammer. For two years. "
________
Yep. There it is!

So I know Mark has been thrown into prison for a long time and it doesn't make sense. But I wanted to rush the whole scene.

But don't worry! It'll all work out.

IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR A LONG TIME!! It's just....

I don't even have an excuse.

Well, keep reading!

~Pey💟