39

I bite my lip and I finally look at Dan. He is smiling? Wait he is smiling and he starts to laugh. Did I miss something?

"What's so funny?" I wonder.

"I knew." He says. "I knew you were in love with someone else."

"How come you knew?" I ask.

"It's obvious. I am really good reading people and from the very start you gave me that vibe that your heart was already taken. As I started to know you a little bit better I realized that the more I was expecting from you was a good friendship because your heart has already an owner." He said.

"Then why did you waste time on taking me on dates and even kissing me?" I ask.

"Because I wanted to know if you just loved someone else or if your heart was completely taken by that someone. And let me tell you that whoever is it you love, he has you wrapped around his finger." He says.

"I know that." I admit.

"I bet I can even know who you are in love with." He says with a smirk.

I raise my eyebrows in curiosity.

"Your best friend Niall." He says.

"How did you know that?" I ask in disbelief. I am that obvious?

"You were obvious to me. Every time you talked about him or he was mentioned, your eyes light up and there was this little smile on your face. You can't hide those things." He says.

"You are right. I am sorry if I led you on." I say.

"Oh no, you never did that. I knew it from the start but I still wanted to get to know you. I feel like we are similar in some ways so I was hoping we could still be friends." He said.

"Yes, I will love to still be friends with you. Dan, you have no idea how amazing you have been with me these last months. I have no complains. I am glad you came into my life." I tell him. "Sometimes I wish it was you who I was in love with and not Niall."

"Don't say that Abbie. If Niall doesn't want you he is the one who is missing out." He says holding my hands on top of the table.

"It's not that he doesn't like me. He is in love with me as well. The problem is that he lied to me and I don't know if I can trust him." I say.

Then I explain to Daniel everything that has happened between Niall and I during the last few years. Dan listened in silence and gave me his opinion here and there but mostly let me let it all out.

"Being honest I understand your point. But you will never know if you never try." Dan said. "If I am being completely honest I think that the reason why you are pushing him away is not about trust but about fear. You are afraid he will cheat on you or that he is lying. But deep down you trust him with your life."

I thought about it for a while and the truth is that he was right. I was afraid of being with him. I was afraid of the reaction of everyone. I was afraid things were not going to work out. And most of all I was afraid of giving myself a chance to be with Niall.

"I am afraid." I admit out loud.

"Think of it this way. If you go now you can start a life with Niall. He is it for you. No one else in this world will ever come closer to him. No matter how hard you try." Dan says. "You want to give yourself a chance to be happy but you are pushing that chance away."

"Do you think so? One part of me thinks that going back to Niall will only make me unhappier." I say.

"That part of you is the part that's scared. Listen to your heart." He says.

"How exactly do you do that?" I ask.

"Does your heart beat faster when he is closer?" I nod. "Does it beat faster when he touches you?" I nod. "Does electricity crosses your body when he kisses you?" I nod again. "Do I need to go on? I think you already got the answer."

"I already knew the answer I am just afraid." I say.

"Well you better start losing all your fears because I am driving you to the airport right now." He says getting up from his chair.

"To the airport? Why?" I ask.

"I just found out that your beloved Niall is on tour in Denmark at the moment. And I happened to..." He clicks on his phone. "...buy you a ticket."

"What? No! Are you crazy?" I shout in disbelief.

"No, I just want you to be happy." He says with a smile. "Now, c'mon! You have a plane to catch!"

***

A/N: Dan is a cutie, I love him so much :) Will she make it to Denmark on time?