::Chapter 27::

"Mom," I whined, pushing myself away from her death grip of a hug. "I'm going to be fine, i'll be back on Sunday. Plus I got Mikey here who's going to be with me the whole time." I pulled Michael close and snuggled into his side. Our moms looked at and rolled their eyes at our loving state, they always talked about how we'd be a cute couple but we never thought much of it until it became a reality.

"Text as soon as you guys get off the train. When you get to the hotel, festival, leave the festival. Anything that can be remotely dangerous. I swear to god if something gives you alcohol or drugs you better tell them no."

Michael looked terrified as my mom kept listing off things to me, while his mom gave him a hug and laughed at my mothers words. "C'mon Liz, the boys will be fine. We don't want you to miss the train, so get going and meet your other friends." Mrs. Clifford smiled, shooing us away but not before slapping $40 into each of our hands.

Michael and I slug our duffle bags over our shoulders, giggling as we stuffed the money in our back pockets. We walked over to see Calum and Abigail waiting for us.

"Luke! Michael! Are you ready to party?"

"Fuck yeah," Michael chuckled.

////

We check into the hotel, throwing our bags into the correct room before making our way across the street to the music festival. We checked in, and got our wristbands for today and tomorrow. The main stage was already crowded with people widely dancing and crowd surfing to the unknown music blasting through the speakers.

Michael tugged me along, shimmying his hips to the beat. I laughed at his awful dancing, but went along with it. The sense of freedom washing over me. I'm not at home, we can do whatever we want for the next day.

Abigail was on Calum's back as we walked through the crowd, I clung to Michael's arm and we found a spot on the lawn to roll out our blanket for the time being.

We wanted to relax and listen to the music being played rather than getting knocked around or in face if we were in the pit.

Sitting down right in front of me, Abigail spoke, "My cousin Noah should be here in a minute. Said he was getting a drink." She shrugged, pulling Calum down onto her lap, wrapping her arms around his waist.

Michael had his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. People passing by us with drinks in their hands, talking with friends, or being wrapped in someone's arms. This festival was supposedly a small thing but by the looks it was much more this year.

"Would you look at that. Jailbait got himself a boy toy his own age." My body stiffened at the voice. The voice I heard complaining thousands of times about Ashton and I's affection. I never would have guessed Abigail's cousin is the same Noah I despise.

Michaels grip tighten on me, he looked between the two of us trying to determine how we know each other. Noah saw, chuckling humorously after sitting down next to his cousin with a bottle of beer in hand.

"How do you two know each other?" Abigail looked at her cousin curiously.

"This small child here was dating my friend Ashton, who also happened to be my roommate. I would see those two with their tongues down each other's throats constantly."

I shrunk into myself, avoiding eye contact with Noah not wanting to hear about my past with Ashton. He knew I didn't, but he continued anyway.

"Did you know Ashton's band is the one opening up the festival? Bet he'd love to see you again." He grinned mischievously, taking a sip of his beer.

"What-t?" I croaked, scrambling to stand up. "I don't want to see him. Michael c'mon lets go back to the hotel for an hour." I pleaded, looking down at my boyfriend who was moving to stand up.

"Ashton's here?" Calum spoke for the first time since Noah approached us. Noah ignored his question, but one look at me and Calum got his answer. "You can come back later if you want Luke. We understand." He gave me a reassuring smile.

"We'll be leaving now." I announced tugging Michael along.

After we were out of sight from them I pulled Michael in for hug, clinging to him. "Thanks for being there for me. And sorry for making you miss out of some music for a while, if you want I can go back to the hotel by myself. I'm not holding you back." I mumbled into his chest.

"Stay here? And miss hanging out with you? I don't think so." He smiled lightly, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

I released Michael from my tightening grip, leaning forward to press my lips against his.

"Luke?" I froze, praying that that voice doesn't belong to the one person I wished to never see again.

I pulled away from Michael to see Ashton with a small blonde attached to his hip, she was beautiful and older. Everything I wasn't for him. I wasn't good enough for him.

"Ashton."

Ashton went to hug me but I took a step back. "What do you want?"

"Thought I'd come say hi to an old friend." Ashton shrugged.

"We're not friends." I muttered, watching his pull the blonde girl close. Holding her like she was a fragile porcelain doll. Everything hurt inside but I wouldn't let Ashton see it. I wouldn't let Michael fully see what it was doing to me by seeing him here, with someone else. I may not love him anymore, but it doesn't mean i'm okay with what's happening.

"Of course we're friends."

"It's like you forget you cheated on me." I linked my hand with Michael, his thumb rubbing soothing circles on the back of my hand.

Ashton was about to speak again when I tugged Michael along and out of the park and away from my past.

"Let's go cuddle and watch some Netflix on my laptop." Michael suggested. I nodded in response, leaning my head on his shoulder.

////

I was going to make it worse with Ashton but I decided against it. Didn't want to make you guys suffer. You're welcome🎉

(((((I saw Taylor Swift on Thursday and I'm in a PCS state and it's terrible, her concerts are my favorite to go to. And like Josh Dun was sitting five rows in front of me but I didn't even say hi because 1) I was in shock because he walked by me to get to his seat. 2) he was with friends and I didn't want to bother him. now I kinda wish I would have. whY AM I LIKE THIS!)))))

Thanks for reading!!!

p.s. next chapter involves something gr8 😏