::Chapter 5::

"Enjoy your movie." I said for about the hundredth time today. I put on my fake smile until they were out of sight, slumping down against the stool behind the counter.

Today at work has been crazy. It has been a constant flow of people. Something that rarely ever happens at this old semi-rundown theater. Maybe it was the cheap prices or that fact no one knew about the new AMC down the road.

Calum's girlfriend and my favorite coworker Abigail, was sitting next to me. Our job was fairly simple and required no effort at all but we always found a way to complain to each other. Or we would sneak behind the snack counter and grab bags of popcorn to snack on throughout the day.

Calum would occasionally drop by and then not leave until our shifts ended. He claimed that he had no life outside of our friendship and his relationship with Abigail so he stays. We always joke around that he should just get a job here if he's going to sit here all day with us, might as well make money while sitting. Then he would go on about how he would actually have to work for that.

Calum's family was rich. Money wasn't a problem for them. I would always tell him having your own money and not your parents money gives a sense of freedom. Something they can't take away, something you worked hard for. But he brushes it off, saying he'll be fine for the next few years.

Matt, our manager, came out from the back room with boxes of candy to stock the snack bar with. He nodded in our general direction before stopping and turning back, looking at Calum. "Why aren't you in uniform?"

"Uh, sir, I don't work here."

"Really?" Matt asked, obviously confused.

Calum nodded.

Matt walked away grumbling to himself about how he needs to pay better attention to who he hires.

Abigail and I were laughing. Calum was flustered and embarrassed that he got called out, showing how much he really is here.

"Oh my god, Calum! I was waiting for the day he asked you that." I clutched at my stomach, laughter filling the ticket booth. Calum's girlfriend was not-so-discretely laughing at Calum's pouty face.

"If I didn't love you both I would've left right away." Calum grumbled.

"You're such a dork Cal." Abigail giggled lightly before leaning over the counter to place a kiss on Calum's cheek. I fake gagged from my stool next to her. Calum sent me a glare before pulling her into a full on kiss.

"Stop kissing, it's gross!" I whined, covering my face with my hands.

Calum pulled away from his girlfriend breathless, smiling a toothy grin. "How did you even manage to get a boyfriend five years older than you? It baffles me."

"My charming personality, of course." I said cockily, grinning widely at my friends.

"And what charming personality would that be?" A familiar voice echoed throughout the front room. I whipped around on my stool to only be met face-to-face with Michael. I inwardly groaned at the sight of him.

"What are you doing here? Are you following me now?"

I could see Calum curiously watching us from the side. He knows who this is, he's seen countless pictures and heard hours of me complaining about him.

"I came to see a movie. Is that a crime now?"

"Yes."

"Then I'll have one ticket please." Michael playfully grinned toward me, I rolled my eyes.

"That'll be $4.50." I said in a monotone voice. Michael hasn't seemed to go a day without running into me since being back. I'm glad the Clifford's are back, don't get me wrong. My mom has her best friend back, my dad has his back. But, Michael, he thinks he can start our friendship back up where we left off, when we were eleven. That's not how it works, and he doesn't seem to get it.

Michael handed me five dollars. "Keep the change." He said before turning to introduce himself to Calum and Abigail. "You look oddly familiar," Michael turned his head slightly to the right, probably processing all the people he's ever met through his head. When I watched his eyes light up in recognition. "You're the Calum from my 5th grade music class!"

Calum vigorously nodded his head in affirmation. "The one and only. And you're the Michael who would complain every day because 'My best friend Lukey isn't in this class, so I won't participate.'"

Luke blushed from behind them. They used to be so clingy, he can't imagine being like that now. Maybe if Michael hadn't moved they would be, and people would probably have pushed them on the outskirts of the social ladder at school.

"It was nice seeing you again. I got a movie to catch." He waved goodbye to them, even sending a wink in my general direction.

"I'm clocking out, Ashton is supposed to pick me up in a few minutes for his show in a few hours." Abigail nodded, taking over the whole ticket counter now until our replacements show up.

I grabbed my things before changing in the backroom out of my uniform and into my usual skinny jeans and a t-shirt. As I was heading out the front door Calum yelled at me. "Use protection! Wait! Just don't have sex at all!" I blushed under my coworkers stares before sending Calum a glare and waiting outside for Ashton.

////

a/n: it's only like day three or four in this story ffs it's probably going to be awhile before and actual muke happens just saying.

Ashton's show will be next chapter because I didn't feel like writing it right now. oops.

this was kinda a filler, besides the fact you know more about Calum and Abigail (who is not Abigail Breslin. She's just named after my best friend bc I blanked on a name when writing it.)

THANK YOU LOVELY PEOPLE FOR READING THIS ITS ALREADY CLOSE TO 3K READS AND IM ONLY ON CHAPTER FIVE ASFSJDLMA