Giancarlo Vedeo of Lavajet: Three Things all Good Managers Do

Giancarlo Vedeo is from Varazze, Italy, a city in Northern Italy near Genoa. The city is a popular tourist attraction, and Giancarlo Vedeo, as the President of the waste management company Lavajet, works to keep the city pristine for all travelers and locals alike. Lavajet operates several waste treatment facilities near the city, where Vedeo was born, to keep the city clean and to responsibly process the waste.

Italy is a beautiful country year round. Its generally mild winters and hot summers make it destination for Americans in all seasons. Its history is displayed in ancient buildings and artwork throughout the country and visiting these ancient sites are enough to satisfy the most devoted history expert. Italy is an ancient and beautiful country, and when you visit, make sure to pack these three items:

1) Weather-appropriate footwear and clothing. Winters are mostly mild, but indoor heating systems in many of the buildings around Italy may not be up to your standards. In winter, take fleece or wool coats that repel moisture. Sturdy shoes are always needed in all seasons for walking through the plazas and ancient stone streets.

2) - "Dressier" clothes. Italian men and women like to dress up when they go out. Make sure you have an outfit or two to look sharp at the Italian cafés. Some churches won't let you enter if you aren't dressed modestly.

3) Binoculars. Visiting old churches and cathedrals may not seem like an activity that you would need binoculars for, but sometimes to see the exquisite details of certain frescoes on the walls or ceilings of old buildings, you will need some magnification.