Chapter 9

The next morning, my head was pounding and i really needed a line, desperately.

I searched Ollys cupboards frantically until i heard a cough in the doorway,

I turned and smiled at a questioning olly. He looked at me and cocked his head to the side. He had that cute but mischievous puppy look on his face.

'And what are you looking for princess?'

'Umm..'

'You want this' he said pulling a packet out of his pocket.

I jumped at him, he stepped back. He was teasing me. I put my puppy dog face on and he gave in, a line each. I felt so much better. I hugged olly, he kissed my forehead. I decided i would have another stab at contacting jude. Olly was taking a shower sl i thought i might as well try and patch things up with my mystery brother.

'Meet me?'

'Umm, you really dont want too'

'I do'

'Ok where'

Finally i was getting somewhere.

'The cafe on oxford street, the cup and saucer'

'Fine, 2 sound ok?'

'Yeah'

'Seeya then'

Wow i was finally gonna meet my brother, properly. Lots of thoughts were buzzing around my mind, why did he never contact, why didn't he want me to get to know him. What was so bad, what had he done? Why?

Olly was just stood there staring at me. He cocked his head to the size again, he looked so cute.

'Whats going on in that head of yours princess?'

'Just things, my brother to put it into context'

'Ahh jude, it'll all work out' he said with a smile.

'Tell me about him'

'Well, hes from hackney, umm, he's single, umm i don't really know much about my own drummer, how tragic is that...!' He replied with a chuckle.

At 2 i headed to the cup and saucer where i saw jude sat with his head down, latte in front of him. I pulled up a chair.

'Jude?' 'Are you ok?'

'Why did you want to meet me?' He said bluntly.

'Your my brother... My only brother!'

'Im bad news ok. You really don't want to be involved with me'

'Just tell me why'

'I cant ok, you cant get involved, and as i havent been much of a brother, i've got to protect you from this, ok?'

'Umm.. Ok'

Jude got up and walked off. What was going on? I decided to follow him. I was turning into so sort of private detective. Detective inspector chrissy bloomfield at your service.

I followed jude back to hackney, his home town. He stopped outside a dingy little yellow house with egg marks and dirty windows. Fag butts covered the pavement and the front garden. Jude unlocked the door and stepped inside the house. Words couldn't describe the lump sat in my throat at that moment. My phone buzzed.

'Hey baby, wanna meet up?' It was olly.

I didn't reply and threw my phone in my satchel. I walked over to the stained blue door, and knocked... The number 4 fell off the wall... Eugh. It wasn't jude who answered. It was some dirty, brown haired, drugged up to the eyeballs, pierced and tattoo'd tramp.

'Oi judey boy, we got a littlen erre' he slurred.

He took a puff on his spliff and blew the residue smoke in my face. I coughed and stepped backwards. I hears judes deep voice coming from another room. So now it's all clear my brothers a druggie, just like my mum. I walked back down the path, avoiding the shit that covered it. I heard footsteps behind me, jude.

'Chrissy?' 'What the hell are you doing here?' He said panting and coughing.

Olly's name flashed on my phone screen, i ignored my druggie of a brother and answered.

'Olly?' 'I need coke, now'

'Ofcourse babe, i'll come pick you up?'

'Yup, meet me at the esso garage?'

'Course babe, i'll see you there'

I ended the call with jude staring at me.

'You take drugs?' 'Cocaine?'

'Yup'

'Why!' 'You stupid girl!'

'Excuse me?' 'You barely know me and from what i can see, your a shitty druggie too!' I screamed back at jude.

'Drugs is a downward spiral!' 'You'll never get out!'

'I dont care!' 'I enjoy it!'

Then the blue bubble of ollys car appeared at the esso across the road, running off i left jude behind me. Olly waved at me.

I opened the door and jumped inside, i was breathing heavy.

'You got it?'

He just held up the packet and smiled.