Chapter 14

We are all sitting on the couch now, watching nervously but at the same time excitedly at the tv screen, waiting for our scores. After my outburst, me and Cato returned to our apartment, happily and laughing, i never thought i could even do that anymore.

"Glimmer, with a score of 8." Ceasar said.

Ha, i thought, in your face! Other districts might consider that a high point, but for a career, thats only average, if she wants allies, she better train because if i see her failing during training, one peep to Cato and boom, she's out. Plus, I wouldn't want her to be slowing us down in the games.

"Marvel, with a score of 9"

Nice, i thought. At least he's making some progress.

"Cato, with a score of.. 10!"

We all jump up and cheer! Of course he will get a ten, its my Cato we are talking about! With this score, we sure should get sponsors and other tributes to be scared of us. I hug him tightly and smile. But we all soon enough, sit down again to see my score. We missed a little but i can hear it.

"....a score of 10" Ceasar said, smiling his signature smile.

We all cheered again and had a toast. I was filled with joy! I never knew i could be this good! I hugged Cato and did a little victory dance but i soon sit down again to watch other scores. All the other districts are having pretty low points, between 4s and 7s. That was until district 12 though. When Ceasar finished the blonde boy's score i wasn't even finished with my shocked face before he got on with the braided girl, she got 11. 11!!! How is that possible, unless she was able to fly and shot an arrow from 5 metres away splitting the middle of a fly in half. Nobody and i mean nobody, had ever have an 11 before, not even careers. All i know is that she is so dead once she steps into that damn arena. She better start being careful.

I snap out of my hatred thinking and look around, apparently, Cato had lost his cool and is putting his anger on whatever unlucky things there are in his room. I can hear things breaking and shattering into pieces. Brutus is knocking on his door and shouting for him to open it up since he locked it. Enobaria is just standing by a corner nearby, shocked and a little amused by Cato's anger. I can see the avoxes are quite horrified. They probably have never seen anybody this enraged before, why? Probably because nobody, and i mean nobody has ever gotten an 11 before!!

I walk towards Brutus and nudge him slightly, letting him know that i want to try, maybe Cato would open up to me. So i knock and say that its me. And he did open up. He open the door a few seconds later, ever so slightly. His hair was all sweaty and messy and his face is still red. Through the small space between the door, I can see veins on his forehead and arms. They seem to almost pop out. It's quite disturbing but overall, he still looked quite attractive might i say.

"Come in." He said, so quietly that only i can hear, but it wasn't a whisper.

I stepped inside his room only to find pieces of vases shattered on the ground, the TV remote controller is broken, its batteries laying on the floor, still rolling on the wooden ground, indicating that it was the one of the newest things he'd thrown. Some parts of the wall is broken from him punching or doing god knows what with it. After i saw a glimpse of the wall, i look down directly at his hands, like i guessed, they were bleeding.

His bed is all messed up, the blankets are on the ground and the sheets are falling off. One of his pillow is in the corner of his room while the other lays untouched on his bed. After seeig how damged he's done, i'm quite scared of him. That could be me in the arena, he could snap and kill me in a matter of seconds. I try and stay calm though, and look at his ice blue eyes, the only words that i could manage were,

"Lets get you cleaned up."

My voice was dry and rasped from not speaking so much and i took his hands in mine, softly, not wanting to hurt him even more, and start walking towards the bathroom. I never noticed how his bathroom looked like. The floor is made out of marble and there are white towels hanging on the towel warmer, or I think thats how they call it. There is a mirror on the opposite side of the bath tub and the shower is next to it. The walls are black and they are wooden. He has a sink near the corner of the bathroom. It's similar to mine but still has it's difference. I start to head towards the cupboard to get a first aid kit while Cato sits down on the toilet seat.

I start to wash his hands and dab a little disinfection liquid on to the cotton ball and dab it lightly on to his skin. He didn't even wince, i know he's trying to act tough but he doesn't have to with me. I don't care. Then i take a big quared bandaid looking thing and stick it on to the place where he had his cut. I observed his hands, it was rough, his skin wasn't tanned but it wasn't pale either. There was an awkward silence between us, so i tried to start a conversation.

"You should've saved all that energy for the arena." I joked.

"Yeah. Should have. I just lost my cool you know. I just have never seen a person getting an 11 before. I mean like if she can have an 11, then who knows what she can have and how she behaves in the arena? Only thing i know is that she will be the most targeted thing in there." Cato replied, his face mixed with anger and panic.

"Yeah, i got pretty angry too, you're not the only one. I was damn scared of you when i saw your room. She should be too." I said, attempting to make his mood better.

"Am i that scary?" He frowned a little.

"Yes, Cato, yes you are." I whispered.

"Don't worry, i never lose my cool that often, let alone with you." I would never hurt you." He replied, with a reassuring smile on his face.

You already did, i thought. Too many times.