Chapter 11

Clove's pov

I returned to my room after we had that talk and start crying again, my eyes are already sore but i can't help but feel so sad and empty, i told him i just wanted to be friends but thats not the truth. I really wanted to be back together again but maybe we just needed a new start, he will never take me back again, how foolish am i?! I had a chance to make a decision and i did but not the decision that i wanted, i chose it because it would be the best for us. We shouldn't even be having these feelings while we are about to die in a couple days. I think i should just go to sleep and this time, for real.

I woke up the next morning with a refreshing feeling but homesick, not missing the actual place but my family, and how things were before, when me and him were bestfriends. I took a glance at the clock, 7:32am. I decided to head to the bathroom to brush my teeth and clean my makeup as well. I looked in the mirror and i can't recognize my face anymore! It's all black smudged with mascara and eyeshadow and i look like i haven't slept in days! My cheekbones are more hollow and i look thinner than i used to be. If i really want to win these games, i need to put on more muscle.

After i brushed my teeth and washed my face, i went to eat breakfast. There were all kinds of food on the table and i feel very hungry, so i took a bowl of cereal, 2 toasts and a muffin, i also took some grapes and a banana. I sat down and was about to eat when i was interupted.

"Well somebody sure is hungry!" Cato said. I didn't even realized he was there.

"Well i haven't been able to really gain muscle weight so i figured why not and i'm hungry so.."

"Uhmm.. About yesterday night, did you mean what you said? To be friends?" He asked, his eyes had a glint of hope.

"I would rather not talk about that right in the morning.." I replied. Not because i don't want to but i just want to leave that behind and start over, can't he understand that?

"But i need answers Clove! I need to know, if thats what you really want, deep down?"

"Godamn it Cato! I told you i don't want to talk about it, can't we just leave it behind? I said i wanted to start over not be more awkward!" I'm starting to get angry. I just want to eat in peace!

"Do you, or do you not still love me? Just answer that one... Please." Cato said. I think he knows the answer.

" ...no." I said, because thats the only way that he will shut up. And i don't want me or him to get hurt, its just going to make things harder.

He didn't reply.

I can see his eyes are starting to get teary and so he left the table and slammed his door. My eyes are starting to get watery too, i can't believe i just said that, i wiped my eyes and finish my breakfast.

Then i went into my bedroom and change into my training clothes and head to the Training Centre, but when i turned my doorknob to go out another person turned the doorknob to get in, it was Enobaria.

"I'm sorry if i interupted anything but i just wanted to inform you that this afternoon they are having the personal evaluation and i wanted to talk wih you about it." She said, standing by the doorway.

"Right, come in." I said. I realized i haven't really been talking a lot to my mentors. 
She sat on my bed and started talking." So the evaluation will start at 3:00pm, i hope you are prepared. I want you to show all the skills you've got. No matter if it's fist-fighting or archery, show them all you've got. I know you're good with knives so show them that, don't try anything you haven't tried before because that may lead to accidents and we don't want that. And with the time you have left after lunch try some surviving skills like traps, they can be useful." Okay? Now go train."