Some or the other day, Todd has to overcome his fears because he can't keep running away from them forever. I understand it's difficult for him, but I'm ready to do anything to help him. Things aren't always easy, but when you don't even have a try, you're already a failure.

"Todd, please do this for me," I say, tilting my head to a side.

He blows out his cheeks. "Okay."

A smile spread across my lips. "Great, let's go."

I unlock my car and open the passenger door for Todd.

His shoulders hunch as he keeps staring into space. I know what he's thinking and I know it's painful for him, but we had to do it someday.

"Todd," I whisper, squeezing his shoulder lightly.

Swallowing hard, he slowly slides in and I step forward to close the door for him. When I sit in the driver's seat, he is already wearing his seat belt.

I give him a small smile and put my seat belt on.

He takes a deep breath. "Just don't drive above thirty."

I quickly nod.

I'm glad he's willing to give it a try. He has taken a small step and I'm sure that soon we'll do much better.

As I drive through the town, I keep the speed as low as possible because I want to help Todd; I don't want to scare him away. It takes time to move on, but I'm sure that eventually he will pass this phase.

The car comes to a halt and Todd doesn't take a second longer to get out of the car. 

Shortly later, I lock my car and walk over to him as he stands with his back to me.

"Are you okay?"

He turns around, beads of sweat appearing on his forehead. "Uh, yeah, I-I'm okay."

Before I can anything else, someone calls my name and I turn my head to find Tammy and Brian walking towards us. A few minutes later, Todd's friends also arrive and after making a few introductions, all of us finally step inside the restaurant.

Suddenly, someone nudges my arm and I turn around to find Scott smiling at me.

"Hey," I say, giving him a tight smile.

"Hi."

The last time we met, it didn't prove pleasant for anyone, to be honest. I was aware I'd see him tonight, but I had no idea it was going to be this awkward.

A few seconds of silence pass as we both try to come up with something.

"Stella, you know I've been thinking about this for a while now. Um, I want to tell you something."

Good, he's going to say sorry for how he acted the other day.

I cross my arms over my chest as I anticipate an apology.

He smiles, "It shouldn't have happened you know, but we can't go back in time and take our words back, right. Anyway, I want to say I've forgiven you, Stella."

I cock an eye at him. He's not serious, right.

"Well...thank you for forgiving me, Scott," I say, licking my lips, "I've been waiting for this day for a very long time."

He nods. "We all make mistakes."

I press my lips together. "Hmm."

Turning around, I follow everyone and soon we find a booth at the back of the restaurant. The interior design is a mix of traditional and modern elements combined with Asian contemporary look. Moreover, the black and gray tones and the wooden furniture gives this place an earthy feel.