Chapter Ten: Flower Crowns

Ahsoka

Ahsoka and Lux fairly stuffed themselves with all the delicious things that Dorme had prepared for them. They talked all the way through their lunch, about politics, Jedi philosophies and the war.

Ahsoka was completely absorbed with the sound of Lux's voice. It could have been that she just loved hearing him speak, because he made an excellent opponent in a debate, he understood and valued her observations, and that everything he said sounded intelligent. But she also had a feeling that he had that magic spark that made everything he said wonderful.

Anakin bluntly called that talent people-speaking. To a degree, most politicians had it, but with Lux, it seemed twice as strong.

"Hey, Lux," she said, ending a comfortable silence between them.

"Hmm?" He sat up from his position lying down on the grass – they hadn't ended up using the blanket, instead opting for Ahsoka's cloak – and she had to hold back a laugh. He had bits of grass and wildflowers stuck in his dark hair.

"What?" he asked. "What is it?"

"You have flowers in your hair," she answered, leaning over to brush them out. But then she noticed something. "They look nice, though. The colors contrast with the brown. I... I think I'm going to make you a flower crown."

He chuckled. "Okay, then. But on one condition."

"Name it."

"I get to make you one, too."

She smiled. "All right."

For the next half-hour, they worked on their crowns. Ahsoka was finished hers first, because she was just doing a simple ring, but Lux was working on shape that looked like a figure eight. It was probably meant to go around her montrals.

She tapped his arm to get his attention, then placed it on his head. "I hereby crown you King of the Lake Country," she said with a smile.

He put a fist over his heart. "I stand crowned. I solemnly swear to uphold my duties as King, to ensure that all of my citizens, the shaaks, live in peace and harmony." He smiled his amazing smile, and she felt a blush coming on.

A few moments later, he was finished. He placed the crown on her head, with one loop of the crown around each montral, as she had expected.

"I hereby crown you, Ahsoka Tano of Shili, Queen of the Lake Country," he said, smoothing a last flower into place.

"I stand crowned. I solemnly swear to uphold my duties as Queen," she said, repeating what he had said, "to ensure that all the creatures under my domain live in peace and harmony." Then she decided to take a risk. "And to my consort, the King of this noble Country."

He looked away, and... was that a blush on his ivory cheeks?

Lux studied her face for a moment. "But... No! A mere crown is not fit for a Queen!" he cried. "Move a little closer to me."

The heat rising in her cheeks at his choice of words, she did as he asked. He picked a few more flowers, and as he brought his hands to her forehead, she realized what he was doing: he was braiding a few flowers around her akul-teeth headband.

As he tucked the flowers around her forehead, she found herself studying his face. His beautiful eyes – she could never decide if they were green, light blue, grey or a mix of all three – caught her gaze right away, but pulled her gaze away to examine the rest of his face.

It had a nice shape to it, and it was the kind of shape that sculptors tried to replicate in their artwork. His dark brown bangs framed his face perfectly.

And he still had a slight scar on his cheekbone from his time rebelling on Onderon. Ahsoka had always found that it gave his face character, and offered an onlooker a different first impression than the stuck-up politician stereotype.

Handsome didn't even cut it. Not for her, at least.

Lux seemed to be close to finished. He smiled, looking into her eyes. "There. Now, you look absolutely beautiful. Hell, you'd look beautiful anyways!"

She laughed, blushing, and looked away. He tilted her chin up. "I mean it. You're beautiful, Ahsoka."

He scooted back to admire his work. Then he leant in close, and Ahsoka could smell his citrusy cologne. He cupped her face in his hands gently; tilting her head a little to the left to make sure his masterpiece was centered. She blushed, but he was too busy with his inspection to notice. 

Then, he seemed to notice some sort of a flaw in his design. "Just one more..."

He picked a last flower and put into place on her headband. Then, carefully, he brought his hand down to caress her cheek. She gasped, her blush worsening.

For a moment, instinct took over. Lux leant in, and Ahsoka found herself doing the same. She tried to keep her breath from speeding up too much.

She was suddenly sure that he was going to kiss her.

He brought his other hand up, gently adjusting her face for a better angle. They were only inches apart, and her eyelids fluttered closed. Lux hesitated, then, carefully, he closed the distance.

His lips brushed hers tentatively, and her breath caught in her throat. His mouth hardened a little against hers as he puckered his lips, and he kissed her for real. She leant into it, kissing him back.

But, sadly, the kiss lasted hardly longer than a moment, for they heard someone calling them. It was Padme.

"Lux! Ahsoka!" she yelled, and the aforementioned Jedi and Senator simultaneously pulled away.

"Yeah!" Lux hollered back.

"Where are you? My family's here, and I want you to meet them!"

"We'll be right there!" he replied. He looked back at her, and the expression on his face made her melt a little inside. His hands left her cheeks, but, despite the reluctance she could feel in the gesture, he smiled anyways. "Come on, let's go. I've always wanted to meet the Naberries; Padme talks so much about them."

She managed to smile too, but she couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. He stood up, offering her a hand. Grabbing her cloak, she took it. Lux grabbed the basket in one hand – the blanket was inside, as there was now more room without all the food inside – and they began walking down the hill towards the estate.

He didn't let go of her hand for a long time.

*OKAY. I'VE BEEN PLANNING THIS CHAPTER EVER SINCE I GOT THIS FANFIC IDEA. I JUST WROTE THAT. THAT WAS SO CUUUUUUTTTTTEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! *fangirl shriek*

Okay, okay. I'm calm now. Hope you liked it! I wanted to put this scene earlier in the story, but the flow wasn't really good. It felt natural here. 

And btw, when I found the picture above, I actually SHRIEKED. I screamed SO LOUD I scared the actual heck out of my family members. It just fits the scene so perfectly I can't even... \(*v*)/

I'll try to get the next chapter up soon, but I think that I just really wanted to write and post this scene, so... it might slow down. But I must warn you all: there is a relatively major plot twist coming up soon, so be on your guard...

Bye.

LUXSOKA FOREVER!!!!!!!!

Okay. Bye for real this time.