“Aw, what? That’s so not fair. When did you all decide this?” Ella asked shocked.

“Since the fact that you’ve had a tough time of it recently and you two need to reconcile even though you’re married. You’ve both been apart for a year and then you were in hospital for a whole month tearing you two apart again. Ella, we’re doing what we think it best so don’t get all cranky” Rachel said sternly. Uh oh! Motherly instincts coming through already. Oops, shouldn’t have said that.

“Micky and I are fine. We’re happy regardless of everything that’s happened. Rachel, I get you, I do but we just can’t be antisocial for a whole week”

“Oh but you are darling. We’re also under strict instructions on not to pick up the phone to you but that’s a story for another day but get your skinny ass here and give old frumpy a hug” Rachel mocked. Ella shook her head and hugged Rachel while giving her death glares. My wife is weird.

   After hugging everyone and saying goodbye, Ella and I were on our way to Scotland. Now, I know Scotland isn’t exactly the warmest place in the world but it’s where Ella’s parents retreated whenever they needed a break and it was kind of them to give Ella and me it for the week.

“You know, our honeymoon will be a tad quiet without the other guys there. After the amazing wedding yesterday, the honeymoon is gonna be a bit bland,” Ella said nonchalantly.

“Ella, the wedding’s meant to be the exquisite entertainment factor. The honeymoon is meant to be quiet downtime and a chance for us to be ourselves without anyone pondering us,” I say to her. She’s wrapped in my arms, sleepily. I could tell she was tired but just didn’t want to sleep.

“Hey, Peter, where is the Montgomery’s ‘holidaying home’ all I was told it was on the seaside” I asked Peter as Ella finally dropped off into noddy land.

“It’s on the coast, in Edinburgh. I know where but it’s hard to describe it. I will say though, there is a lot to do”

“Are you staying with us or are you coming back to Windsor?”

“I’m staying in Edinburgh until it’s time for you to come home. Strict instructions from Mr Montgomery, although, I won’t be driving you about. I got the week off too”

“That’s good, is their house private or can anyone see it?”

“It’s half and half. Like from the beach its public but from the outside, it’s private. I don’t know how it all works but it is”

“Ah, thanks Peter” I said ending the conversation.

   The journey was peaceful and boring but because of the no communication rule, I couldn’t contact anyone. Whoever put it in place was gonna be kicked up the ass from Ella. However if it was her dad or mum, then I guess she’ll have to pretend it never happened. And that’ll be tough for Ella. Everything always is.

Ella’s POV

All I remember is getting in the car and being cuddled up with Micky and then the next thing I know is I’m wakening up on a couch. What the hell…

“Micky?” I shouted. I was scared in case I’d just been dumped in the middle of nowhere and some random had picked me up.