Chapter 24

"Can you rewind time?, I wish I could I would have never let you out of that car and spare myself this unbearable pain and torture". I said to his sleeping form.

" Wake up and tell me you love me". I said as I pushed and tears away.

I took his hand in mine and placed a soft kiss on it.

I leaned my head on the soft bed and stayed there feeling exhausted and broken, you should have expected this.... There's always that nagging voice in the back of my head reminding me....warning me

My hands felt like someone was brushing it slightly, I must have fallen asleep I opened my eyes lazily still feeling the slight touch on my fingers.

I looked down at my hands and saw his fingers moving and froze.

My eyes trailed over to his face, eyes wide as I stared at him and he was staring right back.

"Please tell me I'm not dreaming". My voice breaking.

He squeezed my hand in response as he stared right into my eyes.

" Where's my baby ". He asked, his voice was barely audible and raspy.

" He's with Gia right outside I'll go get him ". I got up quickly still in denial that he was awake and talking.

When I got outside everyone looked up at me I think it was my facial expression that gave it away.

" He's woken, and he wants to see his baby ". I saw Marko let out a deep breath like a great weight's been lifted off his shoulders.

Gia stood and gave Orlando over to me, and sat back down next to Angelo.

I entered Vinny's room and I saw his eyes were closed again but I think he must have heard me as they snapped open.

He looked over at me as I moved towards him with the baby.

His eyes were lazy as though they were to heavy for him to open.

When he tried to sit up I panicked." Vinny no you'll hurt yourself ".

"I'm fine, I can sit". He said in a strained voice.

I let out an exasperated sigh as he sat up. I came next to him with the baby and I could see the emotions in his eyes maybe this will be enough for him to consider leaving this lifestyle.

**************************************

When we got home that evening after Vinny's rampage in the hospital saying that he's not sleeping there another night and he's not cripple and a bunch of other crap he said as he threatened a few nurses and the doctor and exactly as I predicted he's on a revenge quest.

I had to warn him a few times about his wound but he kept saying he's fine.

I get that he wants whoever tried to kill him dead but he needs his rest he almost died for crying out loud.

I didn't even bother knocking on his meeting door as I walked in." I want to talk with you right now ". I said sternly before leaving.

I heard his footsteps behind me and I turned to face him." Is that all you're going to be doing all night?, instead of you sitting and planning someone's fucking assassination how about you spend five fucking minutes with your family". I shouted at him not caring if his men hear.

"Why are you shouting I didn't get shot in my fucking ear".

" Is that all you heard!, what the hell is wrong with you- you know what screw you". I said as I turned to leave.

"You're over reacting, just give me a minute let me sort this shit out".

" And then what you and your boys go get them?, you think I like seeing my husband laying on a hospital bed fighting for his fucking life?, you almost died Vinny not everything is about getting revenge".

"Are you asking me to let this go?". He asked in a disgusted voice.

"For once yes-".

He scoffed."Do you not know me at all Francesca?".

" You missed your child's birth, let that sink in to your heartless chest ". I said as I walked away leaving him standing there with a angry scowl on his face.

**************************************

After I put the baby to bed I was sitting in the kitchen alone having dinner, he's making me regret a lot of decisions I made with him and I don't want to.

I didn't even look up when he came in and sat opposite me which was unexpected.

He was silent at first but I could still feel his eyes on me.

"I'm not heartless when it comes to you".

" Could've fooled me ". I shot back.

" Francesca do you know how I would look to my men if I let this go".

I couldn't help but laugh but it wasn't a happy one a sarcastic one for that matter."How could I forget about your overgrown ego". I said as I tilted my head.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "That's not what the fuck this about!, no one messes with me and I don't give a fuck who I have to kill but trust me baby this has just started!". He shouted as I slammed his hands on the table.

" What if you get what you wanted but lost your family in the process?, I can't watch you die Vinny ".

" I'm not going anywhere, and if you think for a second I'll let another man take care of what's mine then think again Francesca ".

" My father suggested me and the baby stay with him, maybe I should reconsider".

" Did he now?, I'll have to have a few words with him is he still in my fucking country because when I find him this time i won't spare him ".

" Wait a minute, why do you want to kill my father he didn't do anything it was just a suggestion".

"You really think that, as far as I'm concerned anyone's a fucking suspect".

He got up angrily and stormed out.

*************************************

When I got to bed a while after I let my thoughts crowd my mind, I really don't know how to get through to him anymore. He's thinking with his trigger finger and his stupid ego.

I felt the bed dip behind me then his arm around my waist. I was about to push it away but he stopped me.

" I don't want to fight with you anymore baby I'm sorry, you know I love you and I'd do anything to protect you and my son".

"How about you try spending some time with us first".

He placed a kiss on my neck as he inhaled deeply.

"Anything for you baby". He murmured against my neck.

Sometimes I wish that was true

Omg he looks so cute with the baby!!