Could she not at least pretend?!

"No, no I get it. It's okay. Bye".

"Bye".

I thanked myself for not preparing the food.

"Hey..can I help you with anything?" Harry had wondered into the kitchen, being careful not to hold eye contact for long. His expression told me he had not heard the phone call.

"Well, I was kinda having a problem with dinner, actually. I was gonna make dinner for...fun", I laughed nervously, "And then I realized I didn't know how to cook. You know, 'cause.."

He nodded.

'Cause he was the one who did all the cooking before.

"Okay, did you have anything on mind?"

"I was thinking something along the lines of chicken and mashed potatoes..."

We spent half the night getting the food prepared. Harry was trying to teach me things, but I kept messing up. It was much more interesting to watch him do it, his long, delicate fingers working through the ingredients, measuring out seasonings with a single glance. We put the chicken in the oven, and waited for the timer.

I savoured every moment of the time we spent in my kitchen that night. Subtle glances, a soft brush of hands while trying to reach something. I needed to remember every detail, to get through the rest of my days with that girl.

I clutched the counter tightly trying to control the anger that hit me as I contemplated these things. I didn't notice Harry observing me until he said, "Hey, are you okay?"

"What? Yeah, yeah, I'm okay".

He was looking at me with such softness in his eyes. I started to list the pros and cons.

Nobody is around right now. They are so far away.

That was all I could come up with.

I slipped off the counter and walked towards him.

"What are you-?"

"Shh, be quiet", I closed in on him, and slowly took his face in mine. I could feel him shiver at my touch, his eyes showing a thousand emotions at once: confusion, happiness, fear,..

Those emerald eyes were looking at me questioningly as I lowered my lips onto his, savouring the moment they touched. The familiar feeling of unconditional love coursed through my veins, and I couldn't control myself. I kissed him hard, letting all my emotions pour into it, and letting my heart get its fill of Harry Styles that it was deprived of for six months.

I broke away, leaning my forehead against his, letting my eyes stay closed.

"Promise me something?"

"What?", he whispered, sounding ready to bear the weight of the entire world.

"Promise me, that whatever happens", I took a shaky breath, "you'll keep it in your mind that I love you".

I opened my eyes slowly, to find him staring at me in disbelief.

"You..what?"

"You want me to repeat it again?"

He nodded, eyes wide with fear that my response will not be what he expected.

I smiled slightly.

"I love you, Hazza", my voice was a low whisper, "I always have before you even knew me properly, and I want you to promise me that you won't forget that, no matter what happens".

His hand came up to my face, stroking my cheek softly. My eyes fluttered close, my skin prickling with electricity at his touch.

He moved closer so our lips were only an inch apart.

I could taste his sweet breath as he whispered, "I love you too, Lou. And believe me, I will never, ever forget what you just said. I've been waiting to hear it for so long".

I smiled as his lips covered mine, and we travelled to our own world, lips moving to rhythm, the kiss deepening with every passing moment.

'DING!'

"The oven!", we said at once, then broke down in a fit of giggles. I was still high when we had dinner, which turned out to be okay, considering I was the one cooking most of it.

"I am actually impressed Lou, you're a fast learner".

"I had the best teacher, didn't I?" A beautiful smile lit up his face, and I tucked that image away safely with all other sweet memories featuring the love of my life. I was smiling and laughing all the way through our dinner of chicken, stuffed with mozzarella, wrapped in parma ham with home made mashed potatoes.

I have loved you since we were 18...

Long before we both thought the same thing..

To be loved and to be in love..