“You know me Harry. I always take every single chance to show how grumpy I can be.” This was really strange. We didn’t call us for two years and the first awkwardness changed in a few seconds and now I felt like I had talked to Harry yesterday.

“Yeah, I know you. Probably better than everyone else. Besides your mum, of course.” He mumbled. “Hey, Louis, where are you right now?”

“Uhm in London, at home. Honestly, I didn’t leave the house today, because…well it’s not really a joyful day to be honest.”

“Yeah, I don’t feel very well, too. I assume you have time then? Because I had a meeting today, here in London and, well I thought, we could meet? Maybe…” He trailed off and I almost dropped my phone again.

“Harry, I…I don’t know” I hesitated, On the one hand, I wanted so bad to meet him, but on the other hand, I was slightly afraid.

“Louis, we are still friends, right? I mean, we didn’t fight and...yeah. So let us meet, have some lunch, talk a bit, as friends.”

After a few seconds of hesitation I made a decision I hopefully didn’t regret later. “Alright, so where are you? Then I’ll come to you. But I need a bit time, I don’t want to shock all the people with my ‘to-desperate-to-dress-up-look’.”

Harry laughed out loud “Ok, ok, I’ll wait. I’m in one of these little cafés near the Thames. I’m sitting outside, so I think you’ll find me.”

“Ok, I’ll be there. See you later, Harry” I said and hung up the phone before he could repeat. I had the urge to let out a loud scream. He was here, in London, he wanted to meet me and I had no idea how to handle this situation! When I stood under the shower, I thought about him, like I did the whole day. But now it was different. Did he has the same look, like two years ago? Did he still has these awesome thigh gaps? Did he still wears his so much loved black skinny jeans? Did he still has the same curly hair, or is it shorter? Did he still wears his white shirts with a blazer? These were all random facts, but I never forgot all these little things.

I stood like fifteen minutes in front of my clothes, not knowing what to wear. Then I decided to wear a black and white striped shirt and a dark blue trouser.

When I headed off the house and walked to the little cafés – it wasn’t that far away – my nervousness reached the limit. I had sweaty hands and my heart pounded hard against my chest. I felt like I was going to my first date or something. But it wasn’t a date. Harry clearly said we’ll meet up as friends.

As soon as I came to the cafés I stopped, to take a deep breath and to calm down, unsuccessfully. I searched for him, moving my eyes from one café to the next. And then I saw him, at the last café, sitting casually in a chair, sipping on a cappuccino and observing some people who are walking by.

I took the last steps and when I was in front of him, he looked up, a big smile appeared on his face, showing his dimples. “Louis, hey!” He stood up and took me into a tight embrace, I inhaled his scent. He still used the same fragrance like two years ago. He pulled away and sat down again, motioning me to sit down, too. “You look good”.

I blushed like a sixteen year old teenager, great Louis, I thought. “Uhm, thanks. But not as good as you”

“Naaah, you still can’t take a compliment, right? What do you want to drink?” He asks firmly.

“Oh, ehr, some Yorkshire tea.”

“Hah, I knew it” he laughed out. “I ordered it, already.” And while he was saying it, a young waitress came, with the tea, giving Harry a bright smile.

When she was gone, I chuckled slightly. “Harry Styles, after all these years, you still affect the ladies with just sitting here and sipping on your cappuccino. So, Harry, tell me. What have you done, the last two years?”

And with that we started talking about our job, some new people we had met, a bit about our parents and things we made together in College. We sat there for hours until the waitress came back and told us, that the café would close for the rest of the day. We totally forgot the time with each other. I felt so right to hang out with Harry again.

We walked along the Thames in silence, when Harry suddenly blurted out “Louis, I miss you”

I was so shocked, that I stumbled and almost fell over my own feet. “What?”

“I miss you. I miss you so much, Louis. Since we broke up I’m not really happy, I think every day about you, imagine what you would do at the moment, when I watch a movie, we watched together, I always think about you, how you sat there and laugh or cry or when you were so attached to an actor that you always had this beautiful glance in your eyes. I’m so sorry, that I was so jealous and so selfish and I can’t forgive myself, because I always think that it’s my fault, that our distanced relationship didn’t work. I-I can’t forget you, Louis. And that’s why I called you today, because we always said, that we celebrate our anniversary together. Well, it’s not a celebration, but I’m so glad, that you are here and that we’re not alone at this day. Louis, we broke up two years ago, but I still love you, with all my heart. I understand if you don’t feel the same, or if you found someone else who treats you better than me. But I had to say that, I just had to.”

He wanted to say something more, but I cut him off with grabbing his shirt. I pulled him closer to me and kissed him on his soft lips. When I felt that he moved his lips, too, I took my hands behind his neck and deepened the kiss. After a few minutes we pulled away, staring each other in the eyes.

“I love you, too, Harry. I haven’t found someone because I always compare people to you and no one would make as happy as I was with you. I think I can’t love anyone else, because you’re perfect and no one could replace you.”

He smiled at me, “Uhm, Louis? You cut me off. Not that I complain, but I have to ask you something. You know I told you something about a meeting here in London. You want to know what it was?”

“Sure, tell me!”

“Look, the company where I work, has two places, one in Glasgow and one here in London. They need a new second manager in London and they asked if I want to have this job. I wasn’t sure if I can make it as a second manager, but within these circumstances right now, I could give it a try. And maybe, we should start a new beginning? What do you think?”

I looked at him with wide eyes and then a small happy tear started running down my cheek. “You should definitely give it a try, Harry! I would be mad, if you don’t take the chance. And my flat is big enough for another person!”

“You sure?”

“I am, Harry.” I said truthfully and kissed him again.

We were wrong, we had something to celebrate this day. Harry’s and mine reunion. A start in our common future.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The end ;) Oh and I don’t know if there are cafés near the Thames, but I’m not from the UK and have never been in London (meeeeeeh) so I don’t know that :D

Beautiful people, I had an idea. What would you think, if you tell me in a comment which genre, you want to read the next? Fluffy, romantic, smut, AU, maybe some sad things?

You could get what you want and I think, I can try to update faster. :D

So? Tell me!

Thanks for reading, lovelies!!!

Much love xxx.