Chapter 1: Taking Hope

Start from the beginning

Cami says "don't worry, nobody's going to hurt you... KLAUS!" I hear a bunch of footsteps behind me and I turn around and see Klaus come in with... A baby? I go into shock when I see the baby. Whose baby is that? 

Klaus says "Stefan! Thank goodness you're here. I need your help!" I say shocked and wary "so I've heard. What is it?" Klaus looks at me with sadness in his eyes, which makes me go into even more shock. I have never seen him this sad. 

I see that Hayley wolf girl walk in and my eyes become wider when I see her go next to Klaus, rubbing the baby's arm. I see Gabby -my baby sister- walk into the room and I ask her "Gabby, what's going on?" She says "we need your help!" 

I look at her confused, then turn back to Klaus and he says "Stefan, I want you to meet Hope Mikaelson. Me and Hayley's daughter." I go from confused to shocked when I hear him say that. 

I say "impossible. Vampires can't procreate." Hayley says "but werewolves can. Look, it's a long story to explain, it's all in these letters. One from Klaus, Gabby, and Rebekah." She gives them to me and I take them and look at them, but I don't read it... Yet. Wait a minute! 

I narrow my eyes at them in confusion and gape a little. I ask "why are you giving me these letters?" Elijah comes in and says "we need you-- we beg of you, to take care of Hope until it's safe for her to be in New Orleans again." I go into complete shock. 

I get a little dizzy after hearing him say that and I see Gabby vamp speed to my side holding me in place. I say "you can't be serious." Rebekah says "we absolutely are. Please Stefan, you may not trust us with very good reasons, but we trust you. Please, Hope is in danger. There are witches trying to kill her. One very powerful witch trying to use her for power. Please Stefan, there is no one we trust more than you, please." 

I'm shocked, yet touched by hearing them say how much they trust me. I say "look, I appreciate how much you trust me, but you do know I'm dealing with a lot of problems right now back in Mystic Falls, right? I don't think I'll be able to watch her with all the trouble in Mystic Falls. I might put her life in even more danger." 

Elijah says "we know, but we trust that you will figure out what to do. Please Stefan... we're begging you right now, please take care of Hope and watch over her, please." I sigh then look around and I see others and they look just as desperate as the originals and are also looking at me with pleading eyes. 

I may not trust Klaus, but that doesn't mean I want him to lose his daughter. If anything this child might be his redemption. If he really trusts me and needs me to do this then I will. He deserves a daughter, especially if she can save him from himself. 

I say "okay! I'll take care of her. I promise, I won't let anything happen to her. You can trust me." Klaus comes towards me and says "I know I can, which is why we are leaving her in your hands. Thank you, old friend." 

I show him a small smile and I see Hayley move up and say "thank you so much, Stefan! Even though it pains me to give my baby girl away, I know she'll be safe in your hands. Thank you!" I smile at her and say "you're welcome." I see everyone go to Hope kissing her goodbye and telling her goodbye. 

I see Gabby come towards me and she says "I trust you to take great care of my Goddaughter, Stefan." I look at her shocked and she smiles at me and hugs me and I hug her back then I pull away realizing something. 

I ask very worried "Gabby, what about you? Whatever mess this is I don't want you involved in it!" She says "Stefan, I'll be fine. Trust me! I love you, bro. Take good care of her." 

Gabby gives me a bag full of baby clothing, bottles, formulas, and baby food. I nod my head at her and I see her vamp speed out and put a car seat in Cami's car and set it up. 

Then she gives me a stroller for me to walk her around in and a box that has a cradle in it. I can fix this in minutes. I see Hayley walk over to me and say "good luck, Stefan! Keep her safe." I see her start to cry and she gives her daughter a kiss on the forehead. 

She gives her to me and I take her into my arms carefully and I hold her close to me while Gabby vamp speeds to the car and puts the cradle in it. I put the bag around my other shoulder and I hold the stroller in my hand. 

I look at everyone and I see them tear up. I say realizing something "you guys, I can't leave till two days. What do I do?" Gabby says "nobody knows what she looks like." Kol says "make people believe she's yours, but you have to speed out of here and to Cami's car. She will drive you back to your car and you can start from there." 

I nod my head at them. I look back at Gabby and I say "be careful... All of you." Rebekah says trying to lighten the mood "oh don't worry about us Stefan, we can't be killed. Just take care of Hope." 

I nod my head and Klaus points to a little bracelet on Hope's wrist and says "that bracelet will keep anyone from being able to track her. Since she is with you, it will be able to keep anyone from finding you too. You are both safe from anyone finding you." 

Elijah says "take care, Stefan." Cami comes to me and asks "are you ready to go?" I say "yeah, let's go!" She walks out and with me behind her. I turn around towards the others and flash them a sympathetic smile and they show me a sad smile. 

I walk out the door and I vamp speed to the car and put Hope in her car seat. I buckle her up in vampire speed and I put the bag and stroller on the floor. After that, I vamp speed to the passenger seat and Cami drives off. 

Twenty minutes later, we get back to where we were. She looks at me then at Hope and says "good Luck, you two." I smile at her and say "thanks!" I vamp speed out the car and I get Hope's bag and I put it in my back seat along with the stroller and other things. 

I go back for her and her car seat. When I get her out of it, I hold her close to me and I take her car seat into my other hand. I set her car seat up into my car then I put her in it and buckle her up. 

I see her start to giggle and clap her hands and I smile at that. I close the car door and I see Cami go back inside and back to work. I go get into the driver's seat and I put my seatbelt on. 

I check my mirrors and I look at Hope through it and she smiles at me. I smile back at her and I look at her face-to-face and I tickle her stomach and she starts giggling and I smile more. Looks like I'm going to be a father for God knows how long. I start up the car and I drive off. 

Eight minutes later, I see Hope is starting to fuss and I say to her "don't worry baby girl, you're in good hands." I see her stop fussing and starts smiling and giggling again. 

Looks like there's one more person added into my life. I look back at her then back at the road. I don't care who her father is. This little girl is innocent and people want her dead. Ugh, some people in the world are just plain cruel. 

She may be Klaus' child, but that doesn't mean she's just as bad as him, or as he was. I promise not only Klaus, Gabby, and Hayley, but myself that I will protect this little girl. I will die protecting her and I will be the best father I can be to her. Hope is from now on my top priority right now.