Chapter 2: Questions...

It was 12:05am and everyone was asleep. Except for Yuichiro who was waiting for the mysterious vampire girl, also known as (y/n).

It was a hassle to travel back to Shinjuku on his own. Especially when Guren was getting suspicious when Yu left the grounds of the Extermination Unit and attempted to follow him. But Yu was able to run ahead, causing Guren to lose sight of him.

Yu waited outside an abandoned building, just a few metres away from where the two had their encounter.

He sighs.

"Well well... You actually came." A familiar voice said. Yu turns around and sees (y/n) standing before him with the smirk she always made. "I didn't think you would show up."

"Why wouldn't I? I want my questions answered." Yu said with confidence.

"Alright then... Ask away."

Yu walked closer to her and stood right in front of the girl. "First question, are you human? If not, what happened?"

"Ex- human. I was suffering and Lord Ferid himself gave me his blood so that I can become a vampire. The suffering stopped."

"Lord Ferid..." He said with an angry tone. The memories of his family being killed replayed in his mind. The movie in his mind placed an agitated look on his face.

(Y/n) took notice and was concerned. "Yu, are you alright?"

(y/n)'s concern for Yu made the boy blush a little. He looks away "It's weird for a vampire to show compassion for humans..." He thought his comment would upset her.

But she replied with a small laugh. "That just proves how naive you are."
Yu looks at her. "Not all vampires are the same. It's like yourself and your companions. You guys may be the same species, but you're all different in the inside. I'm not like the other fangs." (y/n) smiles.

Yu was surprised by her comment. The idea of vampires and humans being alike never came to him. Now thinking about it, he found it strange. 'Vampires and humans share the same trait?'

"Now... Any more questions?" (y/n) asks him. "If you want the information you want, you need to ask the right questions."

"Okay, why do you want to take down the vampires? You're one of them, so it's strange."

(Y/n) hesitated for a moment when Yu asks her the question, and tears began to form in the corner of her (e/c) eyes. And he noticed. "I want to avenge my family." She looks down at her feet to hide her sad face. "My family was killed right in front of me. I don't know why they would do such a thing after they told us that we were under their protection."

"Did they spare you because they thought they could make use out of you?" Yu asked.

"That's exactly right..." (y/n)'s tears started streaming down her peach face. "I became a noble long after that incident."

Yu walks over to her and gently places his hand on her soldier. "It's going to be alright. My family was killed by Lord Ferid himself when I was 12. I witnessed the whole scene. I wish I had the strength to save all of them, but... Things happen. So I understand how you feel."

(Y/n) looks up at you when she hears his short story about his family. They went through the same situation. "I-"

"Shhhh!" Yu said to her, cutting her off. "I hear something." In the distance, two male voices were heard. "Someone's coming... Whoever it is, they can't see us talking like this." He looks around quickly, trying to find a place to hide. He realizes that there are abandoned buildings surrounding the two. So he takes (y/n)'s wrist and runs towards the nearest building. "Come on! We'll hide in here until they leave."

(y/n) was impressed by his quick actions.

-------------------------------

The two were hiding in one of the rooms of the abandoned building. The room was filthy with ripped walls and furniture. Dust was everywhere and spiders creeped up once in a while. The two sat in front of each other, on the bed, continuing their discussion from outside.

"I'm seeking vengeance for my family as well. The tragedy I experienced is still too difficult for me to bare, even if it did happen four years ago." Yu said.

"I'm sure your family is proud that you're doing this for them."

"Heh... Yeah. I had this friend, Mika." He started saying as he looked down at his lap. "He's the reason why I'm so filled with confidence and courage. He was my best friend. Even though I kept pushing him away, he always comes back and treats me as if I was his brother. He would tell me 'don't be afraid'."

"Your friend is right." (Y/n) told him. Yu looked up with a surprised look on his face. "You should never be afraid. Stand up for what you believe in, as long as you know yourself that your point of view is right." (Y/n) smiles. "What do you stand for?" She asks him.

"That the vampires don't belong in this world." He says with confidence.

"Why?"

Yu hesitates. He doesn't know what to say, he freezes which causes his confidence level to go down. He knows in his heart that the vampires are horrible creatures that don't deserve to live for what they've done to the humans. 'They are selfish, and only think for themselves. They don't even protect the humans like they say they would. The use us.' He thinks to himself. He knew exactly why he believes in what he believes. He just didn't know how to say it himself. He didn't know why. "Um.. I... I uh..."

"Why so blank all of a sudden? Just a few seconds ago you gave me a response with your head held high. Now you're stuttering."

"I'm sorry..."

(Y/n) looks straight into his emerald eyes. "Don't think about your answer. You know exactly why the vampires don't deserve to walk on the earth. Don't think, just say how you feel."

Yu takes a deep breath in. He lets his emotions get the best of him to help him express how he feels about the fangs. "Vampires are selfish. They say that we're under their protection. When really, they're just keeping their livestock safe. They don't care about us. They care about our blood. They're murderous, selfish beings. They killed my family just like that. They sliced their throats without mercy. They... Killed my family." He sighs.

(Y/n) just looked at him with eyes that showed compassion. Pure compassion. She understood how a human like Yu felt about the vampires. Yu had a hateful passion for the creatures. She was somewhat disappointed. 'He really hates vampires. I'm a vampire. Does he feel the same way about me?' She thinks to herself.

"Although this chat was nice, letting go all the tension inside me, but it's not what I'm here for." Yu's stern voice returned. "The reason I'm here is to get some answers. Remember?"

(Y/n) was surprised. They were having a nice talk, but he immediately changed the whole topic. She stays silent and doesn't say a word but nods her head. She sat there and starts to examine Yu. His green eyes, his thick black hair, the cute innocent look he that appeared on his face. She smiled at him.

"You smile a lot..." Yu told her.

(Y/n) blushes. "Oh, um... Sorry. Uh, ask away. What are your other questions?"

Yu started his next question. "Okay, what is the weakness of a vampire. Besides the cursed gear, there has to be something else that can help the Extermination Unit take them down."

Looking away for a moment, she comments. "Hmm... That's a big question." But as soon as she looks back, she smirks. "I'll give you the answer. But, it comes with a price."

Yu jumped back. 'It was a set up.'

AN: I know what you're thinking... When will we get to the butt touching juicy parts? Don't worry little ones! We're just about there. All you have to do is wait! Patience is a virtue!

Hope you enjoyed my kawaii friends!