Chapter 7 ~ Flashback

Beatrice

"You never learn!" Said Aunt Rebecca.

"But I didn't know.. I-I'm sorry.. Mom and I used to play like that in the rain." I said.

"Well I'm your mom now. So listen to me you insufferable little brat!" She said.

"No! You'll never be mom." I said when I realized what I said I put my hand on my mouth.

"I-I'm sorry... I-I-I..." I ran outside. Aunt Rebecca got mad at me for comming inside thr house all wet. I ran and ran. through the woods and into a lake.

There I cried and cried I wish mom was here. I sat near the lake and cried. I never want to go back to Rebecca. No one, and I mean no one can replace mom. Not even Rebecca or dad.

I walked around the lake singing the song mom always sang. It may be weird cuz moms usually sing lulubys but my mom didn't. She sang this song to me like a promise.

I loved mom she was unlike others. She always sang the chorus to me. She uses it like a luluby.

Wherever you go just always remember

That you got a home for now and forever.

And of you get low just call me whenever

This is my oath to you..

Wherever you go just always remember

We're never alone we're birds of the feather

Ans we'll never change no matter the weather

This is my oath to you.

I was still crying. I walked forward but I slipped, someone got a hold of me. I'm so clumsy. I opened my eyes and saw a little boy with brown eyes.

"Are you crazy that lake is like... I can't even see the bottom." He said.

He helped me up and said "Hello I'm Luke. Are you alright?" Luke asked as I nodded.

"What are you doing here little girl?" He asked.

"I'm no little girl I'm 13 and you have no right to tell me I'm little cuz we like have the same height" I said sniffling.

He chuckled "Um.. I'm actually 14 but..Ok.. Ok.. whats you name" He said chuckling."

"Beatrice. Beatrice Summers." I said.

"Ok Beatrice what are you doing in a place like this?" said Luke.

"I was running and came here. I should be asking you that as well." I said.

"Oh I hang around here a lot. It helps clear my head. It's peaceful, calm and beautiful like a wonderland." He said with amazement in his eyes.

"I'm sorry for being rude. It's just my Aunt, she wants me to be perfect. What can she expect I'm never going to be perfect. Whenever I enter art contests she's only happy when I win. Like when there are exams I'll have to always get a perfect score for her to praise me." I said.

"Well don't listen to her. Who does she think she is your mother?" He said.

"Yeah.. she kinda is.. you see she's my stepmom. I would be rude if I called her Rebecca so I call her Aunt Rebecca." I said

"Oh.. I'm sorry... come on I'll show you around here. I come here a lot" He said smiling.

I smiled and walked with him. We walked around the place and he suggested we made a name for the lake so we don't keep calling it lake. Trust me it's more than just a lake.