18 - Sentiment

15-10-15

April's Pov

Sunday is the most boring day in the history. I always wait for the 'no school day' but it gets too boring. I feel like laying in my bed all day.

What do I do?

I kept twisting my body, rolling myself in sheets on my bed. My body suddenly felt the boost of energy and I feel like doing something. Something that would take my energy away and drain me out completely.

Maybe I can ask Aiden.

I went up to his door and knocked it twice before he opened. He looked bored himself.

"Aiden, I'm bored. Mom is sleeping and you are doing Universe knows what. So, let's do something. Something useful to drain my energy." He looked interested but then laughed.

"Sure, let's go shopping. Useful for you as you keep wearing same shorts, repeating it every other day." I looked down to see it was my favorite shorts.

"You are right. Let's go shopping. You will lose some of your weight too." I was about to enter in my room but heard him stop me.

"April! I wasn't serious about it. I can't come with you. I think my leg is broken. Ah!" Drama queen.

It was his fault that he mocked my pretty shorts. It's so comfortable. I can even exercise wearing it.

"Sorry bro! That's what you get for showing me your attitude." I shouted back shutting my door. Not loud enough to wake up mom.

I called Khadija asking her to accompany me. I can buy her new dresses too.

I didn't tell her about Aiden joining us. She told me there will be a surprise for me, but I have to wait at the mall. That was cool for me.

I and Aiden got ready, and wrote a note for mom incase she wakes up soon. The sleeping pills will keep her out for few more hours. Mary is not here and I don't think mom will wake up soon.

Aiden's car was boring. Bike is far much better than car. Why does he ride this stupid thing?

I open the window and excuse half of my body out. Ah, this is called the power of wind.

"April, stop being a psycho and sit on your seat." With a frown on my face I turn in sitting in my boring seat. Why is my life so boring?

"You are a geek." I insulted my brother but to my surprise he didn't answer.

What happened to him? He was supposed to fight back!

"Aiden, are you okay?" I couldn't help but ask him with a serious tone.

To be truth he was acting strange from past few days. He zones out every now and then. He doesn't even talks to me much and barely fights like a sibling. His attitude is scaring me. What's wrong with him? Where is my brother?

"Wait, I know. You are in love with Khadija!" I figured it out.

"April, stop being childish. You are eighteen and not eight!" He practically shouted at me and in return I bit his arm.

He screeched like a girl but didn't say anything, keeping up his hard face.

My cell phone beeped as Khadija messaged me saying she is on the second floor.

We were about to step on the escalator, but Aiden turned and started talking to someone.

"Uncle," I turned around to see a familiar face. I couldn't exactly point it out but he looks familiar. He is the guy who has always supported my dad and now is handling his business. He is helping Aiden to understand the work as he is still new in the field. I respect him for helping my family.