Chapter Two

Amy's POV
I fumble with my phone, shaking with sadness. I some how dialed my mom by accident. "Hello? Amy? Aren't you supposed to be on the plane?" my mom asked. "Can you come pick me up?" I said, quietly. "For sure. I'll be right there and we can talk." I start walking towards the door of the airport with my carry-on with all my stuff. My mom's car pulls up next to me and I step in the car, shaking and tears streaming down my face.

"I couldn't do it mom, I couldn't leave." I could barely say through the waterworks. "Can we go to your house not the apartment?" I can't see Ricky right now. I have to wait a little while.

We pull up to the house and my dad comes out of the house with Kathleen. "Aims! Your here? Why didn't you go to New York?" my dad says questioningly. I tried to hold back the tears, "I couldn't do it. I couldn't leave John or Ricky." I said full of emotion and guilt for leaving. Why. Why didn't I go. Life would have been simpler if I left. "Are you going to the apartment?" My dad asked. I reply, "I will later today, but I'm going to wait for a little while. I don't know if Ricky will want to see me." I walk through the front door, into the living room. I lounge on the couch, remembering when I was pregnant with John. When only Ashley knew, not my parents. I have to go see John. I bolt out the front door to my car, the one David gave me. I hop in, put the key in, and start the engine. Feeling the leather on the clutch, I put it in reverse and drive our the driveway. I drive through town, looking through all my memories. Tears fill my eyes, but I don't know how I have any tears left inside me. I drive along Main Street, and I wipe my tears. I feel myself getting tired and...
Ricky's POV
I miss Amy. Now that she is gone, I realize, I am madly in love with her. I can't think of being with anyone else. KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK! I open the door of my apartment, expecting Amy, but it's Clementine. "Hey, I heard what happened. I'm sorry." She said with sorrow. "I don't want to see anyone right now." I say, "so please leave." "I'm sorry, I thought maybe you'd want to talk." She replies. I close the door behind her and John asks,"Was that mommy?" The question kills me, "No, it wasn't." I go back to the kitchen and make some lunch for John, his favourite, hot dogs. I finished cooking the hot dog and I hand it to John. My phone is in my hand and I call Margret. "Hi Margret, can you come over?" She replies with love in her voice, "Of course!"

Why'd I let her go? Now I'm broken, alone with my son, single, and practically left at the alter. I remember the day she moved in to our, well just mine now, apartment. We felt like a family. Not a one night at band night turned into a relationship just to cover up, what some might say as a mistake. A real family, that John deserved. It pains me to think of today being the day she moved out permanently.

Margaret walks through the door and gives John a great big hug. I rush over to her to tell her that the wedding is off. But I just couldn't say it. " Amy left... Didn't she..." She says scarcely. It was like a wall, and I think I finally clued in and made a realization that she left. Possibly for good. If she came, it wouldn't be for me, but for our son. "She left me... For New York..."