Chapter 3 / Picture Perfect

***
Regina's POV

I sat up on the couch where I had fallen asleep. I had actually had a good night sleep. I found the picture Roland had drawn on the coffee table. I picked it up and stared at the picture. I felt a smile creep on my face. I went into the kitchen and put a magnet over the photo to stick to the fridge. I opened the fridge and ate my leftover lasagna I had made a couple nights back.

After I ate I decided to get ready. I needed to buy some groceries anyway. I put on a silky white shirt and some black jeans with flats. As I went to put my earrings in I heard my phone start to buzz. I picked it up quickly. It was Robin.

"Hello?" I answered while putting it on speaker so I could put my earrings in.

"Regina, Roland's missing." He said with fear in his voice.

I gasped.

"When was the last time you saw him?" I asked.

"Last night when I tucked him in." He replied.

"I'll be over there in a second!" I said grabbing my purse and keys and heading outside.

***

I arrived at the camp and jumped out of the car. I found Marian first giving me dead eyes.

"Hello." I said.

Marian didn't respond she just looked away.

"You know what, I'm trying to help find your son and your over here being jealous? There's bigger problems right now, where is Robin?" I asked.

Marian stayed quiet still.

"Over here Regina!" Robin shouted.

I followed his voice and found him approaching me.

"Thanks for coming." He said.

I nodded.

"So, is Marian coming with us?" I asked.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Alright, let's get searching." I said.

"Marian, come on we're going!" Robin shouted over at her.

She ran over to us standing by Robin. We walked all walked in one direction silently. She looked over at me and held Robin's hand. I rolled my eyes and continued scanning the area.

"Robin, I'm making your favorite lasagna tonight.." Marian said to Robin kissing his cheek.

I ignored her acts and just kept walking.

"Unless you want to go eat Regina's lasagna." Marian said looking over at me.

"What the hell is your problem?" I said stopping in my tracks.

"My problem is you!" She shouted.

I shook my head and let out a sigh.

"Why don't you just leave? Robin and I can find him on our own, we don't need your help!" Marian shouted back.

"Because Marian! Just because he isn't my son, he once was, and I loved him! I don't need to be with you guys to look for him I just want to find him." I shot back.

"My son wasn't and never will be yours! So just leave!" She shouted.

"Marian, stop!" Robin shouted at her.

"I'm just gonna go this way." I said walking off.

***
Robin's POV

"Wait, Regina!" I shouted as she walked off.

She walked off and ignored me. I was pissed at Marian.

"I can't believe you just did that!" I shouted angrily at Marian.

"I'm just trying to help you move on away from her!" She shouted back at me.

"She didn't say a word! She was just walking until you pushed one of her nerves!" I shot back.

"Who's side are you on?!" She asked angrily.

I shook my head in disappointment and went after Regina quickly. As soon as I caught up with her I touched her shoulder quickly.

"Regina, I'm sorry for what happened back there." I said.

"It's not your fault." She said continuing to scan the forest.

"No it was. I should've stuck up for you instead of letting her say those nasty things." I admitted.

She stopped in her tracks.

"Robin." She said grabbing a grip of both my hands.

"We have bigger problems right now, your son is missing." She said looking deeply in my eyes.

"God, your beautiful." I said getting lost in her beautiful brown eyes.

"Your impossible." She said letting go of my hands.

"Ok, ok, you're right." I said as we both started walking again.

All of a sudden Regina stopped in her tracks again.

"Did you hear that?" She asked.

We stayed quiet. It was Roland, crying. Regina and I looked over finding Roland crying underneath a tree with his stuffed monkey. Regina rushed over to him.

"Roland, are you okay?" She asked worryingly picking him up.

"Gina!" He cheered hugging Regina tightly.

"Why'd you run off?" I asked Roland.

"Because you and momma kissed the way you and Gina do." He said with a pouting face.

Regina sighed.

"Listen Roland." Regina said setting Roland back down while kneeling to his level.

"Gina isn't going to kiss Papa anymore." Regina finished.

"But why?" Roland asked.

"Because Papa and Momma are supposed to be together." Regina said.

"Can you be Momma then?" Roland asked.

Regina frowned.

"No,  I can't." She said with tears forming in her eyes.

Roland hugged Regina tightly and Regina hugged him back.

"I got to go now Roland." Regina whispered to him.

Roland nodded.

"I love you Gina." He said kissing her cheek.

"Love you too." She said standing back up.

I approached Regina quickly before she could walk back to her car.

"Wait." I said getting in her way.

I looked at Roland and he nodded yes. I kissed Regina's lips gently. I cupped my hands around her face and enjoyed every taste. As we released her face was filled with tears. She walked away from us back to her car leaving Roland and I watching her as she drove away.