Chapter Five

When I wake up, I'm still on the living room couch. My head is on Paige's shoulder and hers is on my head. We were sitting up and leaning against each other, which makes me think we fell asleep while watching the fourth movie.

"Well look who's finally awake," I hear a voice say. I don't lift my head so that I don't wake Paige, but I do my best to look around.

"Josh?" I ask quietly.

"No, the creepy serial killer," he jokes.

"Ha ha, very funny."

After a few minutes of talking, Paige and Brooke finally wake up. We all decide to go to the beach again.

Paige and I wear our other matching bikinis; mine has a solid white top and black bottoms, hers the opposite. Josh wears his bathing-suit without a swim shirt and all I can think about when I look at him is how great he looks.

Then it makes me miss Ricky, and all the times we would go swimming in his in-ground pool. His mom would always bring out watermelon slices, and he would always jump in with me on his back.

"You okay, Chlo?" Josh asks, putting a hand on my arm.

I look down at his hand, then back up to his face and say, "Um, yeah. Just missing Ricky I guess."

Before he has a chance to react, Paige pulls me into a hug.

"Let's just go, we'll have fun. You can call him and be all 'relationship goals' in the car if you want," Paige says with a small smirk. I laugh. This is why I love my twinnie so much.

Once at the beach, Paige and I sit and tan for a while. Brooke met up with Kamryn, Kalani and Payton again; Josh went to play more volleyball.

"I'm bored," I whine.

"Me too, but there's nothing to do," Paige says. And then after a moment, "Do you wanna watch Josh play volleyball?"

"Sure," I say, "and then we can meet Maddie for pizza."

We walk to the other side of the beach, while Josh is playing with his friend against two other guys that Paige doesn't recognize. They seem to be crushing Josh his friend, who's name I just learned is Nick.

We watch them play for a while and eventually start cheering for them. They laugh but don't get distracted. Josh smiles at me before his serve and I smile back until my phone rings.

It's Ricky.

"Hey babe," he says as soon as I pick up.

"Hey," I say. He talks to me for a few minutes, but for some reason I'm distracted.

We meet up with Maddie for pizza again, and all stay out for the carnival on the boardwalk.

Wow guys, I haven't updated in forever! I'm so sorry! This chapter is so short and such a filler it's almost funny. I had some ideas a few weeks ago but completely forgot so sorry about that. I'll try to update soon :)