Decision - You go with Ashley and Chris

"I don't like this situation at all, but I'll come with you. Maybe there is something in the library", you follow Ashley and Chris down the stairs. None of you know how to start a conversation. "Do you think the girls were communicating with us?", Chris asks seriously. You change a short glance with him.

Ashley just gives you a shrug with her shoulders. "I'm not quite sure. We just should find the proof", is your honest answer. Before you can enter the library your phone starts to ring. The three of you wince scared which is totally normal after what happened a few moments ago. "I'm so sorry", you mumble a bit shamed that your phone scared the blue out of your pants.

"Uh... Chris", you give him your cell phone so he can see the text you have got. "Alright, just go. Ashley and I got it. Text me if you need something", you can hear the concern in Chris' voice. Ashley doesn't know what's going on, but you don't have time to explain it. As fast as you can you make your way into the living room from the lodge.

(Y/N), I don't feel good. I need someone to talk. Could you come outside? - Josh

The text from him is running around in your head. You are worried as hell and can't really think straight. In the last moment you run into the kitchen to get your jacket from the counter. The funny thing is you didn't even notice that your backpack is gone and all important things for this night with it.

The last hour you almost forgot how cold it is. The snow blurry your view and you can barely see the things around you. With a sigh you get back into the lodge and get a flashlight. The beam of the flashlight isn't the brightest, but better walking through the dark forest without a light.

"Josh? Josh! Where are you?", you yell his name, while you wrap your jacket tighter around you. Now you are searching for your friend without an idea where he could be. Josh didn't wrote you where he is waiting for you so he could be everywhere on this mountain. Suddenly you have an uneasy feeling in your stomach.

"I swear to god if you scare me I'll kill you without mercy! Josh?! Come on, that's not funny", you try to cover your fear. He really seemed upset so he wouldn't play a prank on you, right? Searching for a friend in a creepy forest isn't really what you understand by having a good time. Apart from this, you don't have any weapon to defend yourself except for the flashlight in your hands, but there is no way you could scare someone away with it.

"Josh! Josh!", you exclaim as you see something in the darkness. It looks like a person, but you are not quite sure. As fast as possible you stomp through the snow. Confused you raise your eyebrows as you see just a tree with something that looks like a scarf. Slowly you grab the soft fabric. Josh didn't have a scarf, right?

You haven't seen this familiar cloth for a long time. It was in a dark night one long year ago. "So he's still alive, but probably not much longer", a sigh escapes your mouth.. Suddenly a weird scream can be heard. You turn off the flashlight immediately and lean your back against the tree. There is something running through the woods and you are sure it won't be your friend.

"Josh", you whisper his name under your breath. Hopefully he isn't somewhere near. Suddenly a shadow appears right next to you. Something terrible creepy and scary like a monster from hell. To calm yourself down you press the flashlight and the soft fabric against your chest. The monster looks around to find you, but you don't move an inch.

It's freaking you out when the monster looks at you with dull eyes. After a few seconds the monster makes his way back into the dark forest. The dangerous situation isn't over yet, but at least you survived the first moment. A sight escapes your mouth. You have to get back to the lodge to warn your friends. It's risky to sneak through the snow and the dark forest without the beam of your flashlight. But you don't need the attention from the monster again. It's already a terrible day without this ... thing?

Matching to your thought your cell phone starts to ring. Immediately you stop in your movement when you hear the weird scream again. "Oh god...", you know it's your fault that you said Chris he should text you when they find the "proof". Now you regret your decision. The forest is too dark to see a shadow between the trees, but you are sure that something is watching you.

The lodge is just a few meters away from you. Maybe you should risk everything and run the remaining way to the house. Slowly you make your first step into the right direction. The monster between the trees starts to growl. That's your sign to run like a maniac. The bad thing is that you couldn't use your lighter to scare the thing away from you. The spray can from the deodorant would be perfect to have in this moment.

Even if you hear the noises from the monster you don't dare to throw a glance over your shoulder. You pay attention to the stones and roots on the ground - some of them are hidden under the snow. As fast as you can you climb the stairs and open the front door of the lodge. The claws from the monster make weird noises as it paces in front of the lodge. You still don't move an inch so after a few moments the monster turns around and disappears between the trees.

A sigh of relief escapes your mouth. Oh my god, that was really close...