Decision - You search for clues

"You are a big man, Josh. I'm sure you can fire up the boiler alone", you pat his shoulder smiling. He follows you into the living room like a lost puppy. "What? Don't leave me behind! (Y/N)! I can't go without you!", Josh says a bit too dramatic and grabs your arms. Laughing you try to get out of his grip.

"What the hell are you doing? Josh!", he wraps his arms around you like a big teddy bear. "I don't let you go!", the guy is too strong for you so you can't move an inch. "Don't you have to do something? Like firing up the boiler? Ah! He wants to rape me!", you can play the same game as him. Laughing Josh lets you go finally. "If that's what you want I can make a move", he wiggles his eyebrows matching to his words.

"You are still an idiot, Josh. It's official now", you push him away playfully. Chuckling he makes his way to the stairs. Patiently you wait 'til you can't hear his steps anymore. "Alright, alright", you look around in the living room. He didn't have a backpack with him... Did he?

"That's not going to end well", you talk to yourself as you get up the stairs. There has to be a clue or something like that in this ski lodge. Unfortunately the first thing you see is Hannah's room. You shouldn't take a step into the room. There are too many memories waiting for you. A sigh escapes your mouth, while you just leave it behind you.

Just for a second then you turn around and walk into Hannah's room. It's like something drags you into it. "Oh my god", you whisper under your breath when you see the butterflies on the wall. You remember immediately the day she asked you to get a tattoo with her. The only thing you didn't know why she wanted a tattoo. Of course you would have warned her.

Yes, it was a god damn bad idea to come into her room. Sadness fills you from your head to your toes. Softly you run your fingertips over the smooth surface of the music box which Josh got her for Christmas. A few moments you just stare at the box uncertain if you should open it.

With a sad smile you open the music box. Of course you remember the song immediately. "Frère Jacques", you mumble and listen to the soothingly melody. Right next to the box is a little pile of pictures. Snooping around in the past? Maybe not your best idea today, but you have nothing to lose anymore.

They are from your last trip to Miami with the Washington siblings. Josh was always the gentleman to keep "his ladies" safe. Beth and you did crazy things all the time and Hannah was too shy to join you and her twin sister. She was still one of your best friends. It was probably the best weekend of your entire life.

"Oh my god", you whisper as you see the crazy pictures of you and Beth. Once the two of you put make up on Josh, while he was passed out from the alcohol. Without thinking you put this special picture into your pocket. It reminds you of the good old times. Then you put the pile of pictures back on the table.

Your next stop is in front of Hannah's pin board. There is a lot of stuff like an invite from Mike's party, horse pictures, tickets and a silly drawing of Josh. Yes, you remember this epic house party. It was a gigantic disaster for Hannah. Emily and Mike were totally in love and showed everyone their "love". Interested you lift the party invite and find a little picture of Mike behind it. How ironic...

You continue your search for ... the past? Because it's obvious that you wouldn't find clues in Hannah's room. At least not for Josh's plan. Humming the melody of the music box you enter the next little room where she organized her clothes. You always complimented Hannah's style, 'cause your father didn't have much money and couldn't buy you beautiful clothes. Probably you would have done everything to get a chance to wear her things just for one day. Most of the time you had to wear the clothes from your deceased mother.

A bit confused you pick up a little piece of paper. It seems to be from a magazine or something like that. Of course is there a big heart with the initials "MM + HW". You turn the paper around to see the other side and almost drop it. "Really? No...", you whisper as you recognize it's the result of a compatibility test.

Uh - oh! This is NOT going to work! He's like a crazy reckless hunk of a man... Blah Blah Blah... Or do something really wild. Run away from home or get a tattoo...

"I'm so dumb!", you hit the palm of your hand against your forehead. It couldn't be more obvious and nevertheless you didn't see it. Why should Hannah get a tattoo because of another reason? In the first moment when you held her hand that day you should have seen it. Great, you found a clue, but not exactly the one you wanted. Apart from this, you feel more terrible than before.

Sighing you put the piece of paper back on the ground and leave the room. At least the melody from the music box and the picture in your pocket are comforting you. Even if she was heartbroken Hannah had a good time with all of you. That's what you hope, because you never got a chance to ask her.

On one of the nightstands you find another invite to Sam's yearly Halloween party. It was an amazing evening, especially for Hannah. Mike came to the party without his "loved" Emily. You turn the piece of paper to look at the picture of the old barn. The scarecrow in the front gives you the creeps. Even if the thing isn't alive it looks damn scary. You put the card back on the nightstand.

Suddenly the melody of the music boys stops. Confused you turn around and get almost a heart attack. "Oh my god!", you exclaim breathlessly and put a hand over your chest to calm your heartbeat down. "I'm sorry", is the only thing Josh mumbles, while he runs his fingertips over the music box. The situation is awkward now. You get caught snooping around like Sam. That's how it feels...

"I could lie that I was searching for something, but it wouldn't be fair. Something dragged me in here. Some kind of feeling. Nostalgia? I don't know. I'm sorry", you almost stumble over your own words. To your surprise he turns around with a slight smile on his lips. "I'm not mad. I was just surprised that someone went into her room. You really cared about my sisters, right?", to be honest you don't like the direction where this conversation goes.

"They were my best friends. Of course I cared about them. I run into a snowstorm to find your sisters, but I failed", is your honest answer. How could he ask such a stupid question? "Don't worry. I know what you did that night. Just be careful tonight. Some crazy things will happen", you raise your eyebrows immediately. What the hell is he talking about? "I'm old enough to keep myself safe, but what do you mean with crazy things?", hopefully he doesn't notice your faked smile.

"Uh, don't worry about it. We just party like porn stars. I don't want to get you into trouble. However, a spirit board waits for us and Chris who scared the shit out of me", Josh replies as he puts his arm around your shoulder. Now you feel more uncomfortable than before. He wouldn't warn you about crazy things without any ulterior motive. So what's going on?

"Really? And I thought I hear one of the girls screaming. That was you!", of course you can't hold back your sarcasm. Josh puts his free hand on his chest above his heart. "Uh, right into my heart", he replies again too dramatic. You just roll your eyes and the two of you leave Hannah's room without a further word. Oh my, your search for clues didn't go well at all...