"Morning... And yes, it is."

"How could you know when you have stayed inside the closet for.. all night, possibly?" I hinted him and lifted my eyebrow. He just glanced the floor and looked quickly back at me, agreeing admitting that he indeed was all night inside the closet.

"So, how does the breakfast sound?"

"I'm fine without.." Before finishing his sentecne, his crumbling stomach gave away his hunger. It was loud and made me wonder when was the last time this thin kid ate a good meal?

"Too bad for you, but I'm hungry and we are going to eat a breakfast." I acted like I didn't hear his stomach complaining. Cruel? Maybe, but this kid is practically stranger to me. So long, no harm.

The kid looked like he was wondering if he should complaing. I don't get him. Why would he turn down an offer for a meal- well, breakfast actually- when he's hungry. I just don't get it. Strange kid. Or maybe he thinks that I'm trying to feed him poisoned food. Now that would make sense.

"Come on, let's go." After getting the feeling that the kid won't act independant and walk to the kitchen for my pleasure, I bent down to grab his arm and pull him up. After the kid is steadily standing I start to walk  out of the closet, through the room to the stairs and making my way down towards the kitchen.

Our house is rather old, so the kitchen is old too. It's not new and shiny but it has a big refregator. There's a lot of space for a lot of food in there.

"What would you like to eat?" I stopped at the kitchen and let go of his arm. He then hugged that arm to himself and massaged him. What a baby he is.

"I said that I don't really need.." He mumbled and stared down the old wooden floor.

"Ah! That's right. You did say that." The kids stomach started to complain again. "But your stomach is rather noisy and I know no better way to silence it than feeding it. That's okay, right?"

"Ah... Yes." I think he's embracced. His cheeks turned a slightly pink when I said that. I started to make some warm sandwishes with a lot of cheece and tomato on them. Our oven isn't very new either, but does it's job.

The kid is quite obedient and doesn't put up much of fight. Even now he's standing in the middle of the kitchen and looking around him. So different from Eliah. If he was Eliah saying that he doesn't want to eat, I would be chacing after him for the whole day. Good thing is that he has a good appetite. There's only few times when he acts like a spoiled kid and refuses to eat. That's when he's feeling ill, mostly when catching cold.

"While the sandwiched are in the owen.. I wonder where did Eliah go.." I notice a small note on the kitchen table. "What's this?"

"Good morning sleeping beauty! I'm meeting Chriss for a morning coffee. I'll be back soon! xoxo. PS. Take care of the puppy!

"Great.. So now I'm a babysitter while he's out enjoying a warm coffee."

"I'm sorry for being such a trouble.."

I looked up from the note and the kid was looking down and was meddling his fingers nervously. He had this sad puppy look on his face. "Ah... That's not what I.."

The kid looked up and lifted eyebrown and gave me this stare that told you he didn't believe that I believed myself what I was saying.

We were just standing there in the middle of the kitchen and it felt like the time had stopped. It wasn't comfortable silence.

Then I remembered the sandwiches. After I took them out of the oven I could swear that at the moment he caught the amazingly delicious scent of them, he was drooling. The kid is hungry for sure.