Chapter One

Tris POV

While Eric was explaining what to do since this is our final test and since I'm last I will be the Last one done. Just great.
"Wanna sit on my lap?" Uriah offers and I shook my head no because out the corner of my eye, I see Four/Tobias watching me and if I sit on Uriah's lap that might cause a fight so I take the seat next to him.
"Scared about the test?" He says and I shrug
"What's there not to be scared about?" I said and he smiles "this test really determines if we stay or not,"
"That may be the case," he says and I shrugged.

As I wait for my turn to head up, it's easy to tune everything out and keep my mind clear.
"Tris," Eric says and I get up and I barely felt the needle plunge into my neck and then I'm in my simulation.

** 7 minutes later **

I jerk forward and a rough calloused hand lands on my shoulder and I spat it off only to realize it was Tobias.
"It's okay," he whispers "everything looks good,"
I nod and then I get up and I see Christina and Will making out so Tobias leads me out the room
"Do you have to go back to the dorms?" He asks "cause if you want some peace and quiet you can stay with me,"
I feel hesitant about being alone with him but Tobias wouldn't hurt me
"Let's go," I said and then we walk through the halls where everyone is congratulating me, slapping my back and I smile. I try to stay close to Tobias which is kind of hard but we finally made it to his place and he holds the door for me and he follows and slips his shoes off.

"Want anything to drink?" He asks and I shake my head no "you okay?" He touches my cheek as I lean into it and he lays his mouth on mine. Heat spreads through me and fear buzzes like an alarm clock as I hear my jacket drop and I pushed him away. I press my palms to my face, covering my eyes.
"What's wrong?"
I shake my head, avoiding him
"Don't tell me it's nothing," his voice sounds cold and he grabs my arm. "Hey look at me,"
He takes my hands away from my face and lifts my chin to look at him. I see hurt in his eyes and the anger clenched in his jaw.
"Sometimes I wonder," I said as calmly as I can "what's in it for you. This... Whatever it is,"
"What's in it for me," he repeats and takes a step back, shaking his head "you're an idiot Tris,"
"I am not an idiot," I said "which is why I know that its a little weird that, of all girls you could've chosen, you chose me. So if you're just looking for... Err you know... That..."
"What? Sex?" He scowls "you know, if that's all I wanted, you probably wouldn't be the first person I would go to,"

Feeling like he punch me in the stomach, of course I'm not the first person he'd go to. I'm not the prettiest or the most desirable. I press my hands to my abdomen and looked away.
"I'm going to leave now," I said softly and made my way to the door.
"No, Tris." He grabs my wrist and tugs me back but I push him away but he grabs my other wrist and he has a right hold on me. "I'm sorry I said that. What I meant was that you aren't like that. Which I knew when I met you,"
"You were an obstacle in my fear landscape," I blurted as my lower lip wobbles
"What?" He releases my wrists and the look of hurt is back "you're afraid of me?"
"Not you," I said while biting my lip "being with you... with anyone. I've never been involved with someone before, and... You're older, and I don't know what you're expectations are and..."
"Tris I don't know what delusion you were put under but this is all new to me too," he says sternly and I feel confused
"Delusion?" I repeat "you mean you haven't.... Oh god. I just assumed... You know."
"Well you assumed wrong," he looks away, cheeks bright red and he sighs "you can tell me anything you know, I am kinder than I seemed in training. I promise," he gently places his hands on my face and he kisses me between the eyebrows, on the tip of my nose and then carefully fitting his mouth to mine. I want him to kiss me, I want him to but I'm afraid of where it might go.