Extra - One of a Kind (Pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

* * *

The next day rolled around and my grandparents and Lindy should be here soon. I was already showered and dressed for the day, waiting patiently. "Are you sure you don't care hanging out with my grandpa today? He'll honestly do anything."

"Of course I don't mind." He smiled. "I have spent time with him before, Juliet."

"Yeah, but when you were five doesn't count and you haven't been alone."

Jack chuckled and walked around the bar. He cupped my face, his thumbs fluttering over my cheeks. "We'll be fine, I swear. We've always gotten along. So don't worry."

I bobbed my head once and pushed a smile.

He pecked my lips once. "And before you can say anything about dinner, that'll be fine too. Everything will be fine. I know you like to worry too much."

I sucked in a deep breath and exhaled slowly. "I just like things to be perfect."

"I know that too." His lips curved up and his thumbs still idly brushed over my cheeks, "We'll be here when you get home."

Then there was a knock on the door.

Jack kissed me again and released me so I could get to the door. I swung it open and was immediately swallowed in hugs. Lindy had her arms tight around me, hugging me tightly. "I missed you."

I hugged her back. "I missed you too, Lindy."

Once she let go and walked inside, I hugged my grandparents even tighter. "I'm so glad you guys are here."

My grandma kissed my cheek and I stepped back. "We're very happy to be here."

I moved out of the doorway to let them in. Lindy was talking to Jack and my grandparents joined them. My grandma was the first to pull him into a tight hug and my grandpa just shook his hand. I'd get them to hug one day.

We all talked for a bit, catching up on anything new. There would be more time for that at dinner tonight.

Jack left a small kiss on my temple and I left with my grandma and Lindy. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous to leave Jack alone with my grandpa. I think it'd be worse to leave Jack alone with my dad and my grandpa.

There was a small boutique not far from the apartment, so we walked a few blocks instead of taking a cab. "Are you nervous?" Lindy asked, looping her arm through mine.

"Not so much." I answered honestly, "Definitely more excited than anything."

"I'm excited for you. I can't believe you're getting married. And especially to Jack McKinnon. Do you remember when we sat in your kitchen and you told me he wasn't your type?"

I laughed at the memory. "Well clearly things have changed."

"And for the better."

We walked into the first shop and all I could see were wedding dresses. They were displayed in the windows, hanging on the racks, and there was a woman standing in front of a mirror with tears in her eyes with who I'm thinking is her mother.

A younger woman walked up to us with a huge smile. "Welcome. Who's the bride?"

"I am." I spoke softly without meaning to.

"Are you looking for anything in particular?" She held a smile.

I thought for a second and shook my head. "I guess anything that just sticks out to me." I spoke stronger now.