Extra - I Hate To See You Go

*Prepare for a lot of cheesiness ;)*

--------------------------

I woke up alone. Not exactly how I wanted to wake up my first day here. I sat up in Jack's bed, clutching the soft white sheet to me. I shivered from the cold brushing over my bare shoulders.

My eyes scanned around Jack's roomy studio apartment, but he was nowhere to be found. I looked to the bathroom and the door was open and the light was off. I rested my eyes on his side of the bed, thinking he could've left a note but saw nothing of that sort.

I reached for my phone on the bedside table just as the door opened to the apartment. I quickly retracted my hand and gripped the sheet. Jack stepped through, a lazy smile playing on his lips, "I don't think I'll ever get used to that."

My face burned and I ran a hand nervously through my hair, "Why are you up early?"

The newspaper and coffee in his hand told me he was probably up way before I was. He sat them down in the kitchen and paced towards the bed, "It's a habit, I'm sorry." He kicked off his shoes and climbed on the bed.

"I'm not mad." I laughed, "I just didn't like waking up without you. I haven't seen you in three months."

He smiled sadly, "I have five days to make it up to you."

A smirk slowly rose on my lips, "Maybe you should start now?" I gestured towards my naked frame with one hand, "I mean, all the hard work is already done."

Jack chuckled, "No, the fun part is already done. Even if someone gives you an unwrapped present on Christmas, it's still a gift no matter what."

"Wow, did you learn that in your fancy new school?"

"I've been working on that line a long time, Baby."

"That was undeniably cheesy, you dork." I pointed to the shirt he had on, "I need that."

He raised a brow, "I don't like unwrapping presents."

I rolled my eyes and bit back a laugh, "Everyone likes unwrapping presents, Jack. Now give me the shirt, please." I batted my eyelashes with a smile.

Jack's eyes narrowed into slits, but he gave into me. He pulled the shirt over his head and threw it at me, "You have five minutes before I come and find you."

I slipped the shirt over my head and climbed down from Jack's large bed. "I'm counting on it." I stepped down off the platform that it was on and grabbed one of my bags before making my way across the apartment to the bathroom. I definitely needed to shower.

The shower was a quick one. I took care of what I needed to and got out. I dried off and put on clean undergarments. I put Jack's t-shirt back on and brushed my teeth. I checked my reflection to make sure I didn't have left over makeup smeared under my eyes, but I think I got it off in the shower.

I walked back in the room and stood in the middle of the apartment. Jack sat up in bed, surrounded by a fluffy white duvet and pillows. I stepped back on the platform and hopped on the bed. "You said you'd come after me in five minutes. You lied to me, Jack." I fake cried.

But he laughed, of course. I wouldn't expect less, "Believe me. It was tempting."

I climbed on top of him, my legs straddling his lap. "I missed you so much." I whispered.

"It's difficult." He said, cupping my face between his hands, "Way more difficult than I thought it would be. And you'd think after almost two years, it would be easier. But it get's worse every time I hear your voice."