Extra - One of a Kind (Pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

And of course I'm excited to see my dad too.

With my school, I'm going online for my first year here and then I'll apply for a local college for my final year. It's been easy going online, but I do miss actually getting ready for school. I don't miss the uniforms though.

Jack's happy with his school and he's doing fantastic. He's been writing a book, but still won't let me read it. He says he needs to finish it before I'm allowed to read it, but he sends his mom chapters all the time. He always tells me her feedback with a giant smile on his face and it makes me smile too.

* * *

I don't remember falling asleep until I felt a hand on my back. "Juliet." Jack's voice whispered.

I raised my head up from the desk and rubbed my eyes. "Sorry." I murmured, "Did you just get home?" I blinked away the blurriness and looked at him.

"Yeah." He spoke softly, "I brought dinner."

I smiled sleepily. "I'm starving."

"You just woke up." He teased.

"I'm psychic." I stood and followed Jack into the living room where he had sat the food on top of the coffee table. We sat on the couch and Jack was quick to start the movie. He handed me a take out box of Lo Mein and a pair of chopsticks. "How was your day?" I asked before taking my first bite.

"Good." He answered once he swallowed his bite. "Just tired."

I nodded in agreement.

When we finished eating, I curled up with Jack on the couch. He curled against my back with an arm taut around my waist. I was watching the movie intently and I knew Jack fell asleep when I heard his soft, even breathing.

My eyes were still burning from not getting much sleep this week. But I managed to finish the movie without falling asleep.

Sometimes it already felt like Jack and I were already married. We're connected on a level I didn't even know existed. This person that's lived next door to me almost my entire life is the person I'm going to be married to soon. He's the same person tangled up with me on our couch in our apartment. There are times when I just think about the time we've spent together and how crazy and real our relationship really is.

And I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with Jack.

My thoughts cut off when I felt him stir behind me. But he settled again, letting out a long breath. I turned on my other side to face him, but he was still asleep. I lifted a hand, brushing my fingertips over his cheek. It made his arm tighten gently around my waist.

I smiled and kissed his forehead.

He snuggled closer, nudging and tucking his head under my chin. I weaved my fingers through his hair and he sighed. "Let's go to bed."

"Isn't it still early?"

"If you're tired, you're tired." My fingers stilled in his hair, "Come on." I moved out of his arms slowly and stood up. Jack followed and we made our way to the bed. Jack stepped on the platform and pulled his sweater over his head. I walked to the dresser and pulled out a tank top and pajama shorts.

Ten minutes later, we were ready for bed. I crawled in beside him and he already had his arms open for me. And of course I didn't hesitate to cuddle into them. He kissed me goodnight and told me he loved me like he wouldn't get another chance before we both fell asleep.