35

Gracie
Vanessa adjusted the straps of my dress while I sat on the stool, adjusting my bracelet. Ivy sat bent on the floor as she straightened the edges of the flowing white dress.
"High school love, filmy break up drama, meeting again, one more break up and now we're here." Vanessa says to me.
"This is the happiest day of my life, after the day Alastair proposed." I blush. My cheeks have a natural touch of pink today. It isn't his doing though, I didn't even allow him to touch me all month. Wait for the wedding night, I had said. He had frowned but agreed. Surprisingly, Mr. Roberts is here too. There's no Paige, but he is happy for us. Atleast I'd like to believe so.
My mother comes in and tears form in her eyes. "Mom, don't make me cry. I can't afford to spoil my make up now." I say in an attempt to lighten up the atmosphere.
"Finally the most awaited day is here." She beams at me from the mirror gently dabbing at her eyes.
"Finally." I say.
"Alastair will be so bowled over." Vanessa yelps. She's single and studious for now. Doesn't mean she isn't recieving any attention from people outside.
"He already is." Ivy says. I stand and up and look at myself in the mirror. My veil is tightly fitted on my head, which mom put up herself, and it is flowing in a long train behind me. My white strapless dress is laced with net and flowers. It's so perfect, so dreamy. I look at the shining diamond ring on my finger. Life is perfect.
"Grace, the car is here. Let's go. Your groom is waiting." Vanessa says and I get up to go to the venue.

Alastair
I look at my watch for the thousandth time that evening. "Where are they?" I ask Stuart as he lazes about beside me.
I follow his gaze and smack him. "Stop checking out Clara and ask Ivy where they are."
"Calm your ass down. They've left the house and will be here in a while. Can't you wait to see her?"
"What wait. She hasn't allowed me to even kiss her since the last month. I've been completely celibate."
"Good for you. You're a desperate asshole anyways."
"Shut the fuck up. There are so many happy faces around. I'm so glad." I say. I really am. I marrying the woman I love. I love her. So much. Not for the way she dances with my angels, but how the loud mention of her name silences my demons. And I have her.
"But bro I am happy for you, really. Even I'm planning on getting settled."
"With Clara?" I ask in shock. Not that he loves Clara, but that he actually wants to get married.
"Yes, I fooled around enough. I'll get tamed now."
"I'm missing Roland."
"Even Gracie might be missing Melissa. But it's okay, that woman is eight months pregnant. She can't travel, or they would have definitely come."
"Yea. The car is here. Stand next to me like the best man."
"Yes boss."
Stuart comes and stands beside me and I adjust my ties once again. I look pretty good in my outfit and so does everyone else. Our venue is excellent and I can see everyone is happy. Gracie herself planned her wedding after all. The aisle is empty as everyone sits inside the seating area. The wooden door opens as Grace's father smiles at me.
She walks in as her maids of honour, Ivy and Vanessa walk beside her holding the train of her gown. She looks so gorgeous, so beautiful, the innocence of her face reflecting alongside the purity of her white dress. She holds up her gaze with mine and I can swear a tear pushes through my eye. I wipe my eye and I can't seem to take my eyes off her. She's an angel.
Finally I can see my dreams coming true. She comes upto me and they make her stand next to me. We face each other. She's such a shy bride, isn't even raising her eyes to meet them with mine. She suddenly looks up at me and winks. Guess I spoke too soon. See, that's why she is perfect. Naughty and shy at the same time.
We complete our vows and I swear I can feel my heart bursting with happiness. I pick up her veil and tenderly place it behind her head.
I lean forward and gently kiss her. Rough will happen later. And at that moment, I'm glad she forbidded me from kissing her for the past one month. Because I can feel all the sweetness on her transferring into me. We pull apart and the audience bursts into cheers. I can see people wiping their eyes and everyone smiling at us. For the first time, the whole of universe is happy on our merging.
We talk to everyone and then have dinner. There are speeches and also the throwing of the bouquet. At a cue, Clara catches it and I can see Stuart blushing at the corner for the first time. We get photographs clicked and I look at the banner outside.
Alastair weds Gracie
Dreams do come true.
We sat in the car and drove off in the night. I was a happily married man now and we have so many beautiful years to come.