3

Beautiful cover by @HoneyClumsyFudge_x

•••

Alastair
"So that's the team that will go to California with me and this is the plan." I say, passing out printed sheets in the conference room.

"This is good." Mr. Roberts says, stroking his chin, surveying the paper.
"Thank you sir. I request the team to pack their bags and say their goodbyes.
We are leaving next week." I say that and all of them beam at each other.
I walk briskly out of the conference room and and I see Stuart sitting on the couch, shuffling on his iPhone.

"You here!" I say and grin widely at him. He jumps and springs up to hug me. I pat him on the back. People in the office look surprised at this 'cool' demeanour of mine. We all become kids once again when we meet our childhood friends. He loosens his tie and we head to my office. He always had a problem with ties right from the start. He sits on my chair at the table and keeps his legs on the table. So much for sophistication. I sit on the other guest chair and order some chinese.

"So CEO, I can still see you're a piece of shit even though you might have achieved everything." He says smugly.
I just roll my eyes at him.

"Paige huh. She's sexy." He says again. He still has this habit of passing unnecessary comments.

"Not for me." I say, playing around with the paper ball.
"Why not. Have you see her-" he gushes.

I cut him off. "I've seen her. She's not that curvy. And leave looks and figure, I just can't bring myself to like her in any way."

He burst out laughing. After a while of quiet, he asked me,
"You still love her, don't you?"
I smiled.
"I can't imagine the day I won't."

"Why don't you try to find her?"
"We didn't break up to find each other again."
"But seriously, in seven years, didn't you ever find second love?"
"I don't want second love. I've already experienced true love. The memories are enough to last me a lifetime. I'm marrying Paige due to her father's dedication towards me."

"I worry about you. You used to get so drunk and haggard when you two broke up. It was surprising because you never ever drank before."
"Don't worry about me. Worry about yourself and your sorry ass." I threw the paperball at him.

He caught it and scowled at me. "You could have scarred my gorgeous face."
"Yeah right." I roll my eyes again. "You're still the same old jerk."
"And you're still the same old loverboy."
"Unlike you. Now seriously, when will you stop fooling around? At 60?"
"70 maybe." He winks at me. I throw a paperball once again at him.
"What's up with all these paperballs an you?"
"I'm reminded of the time we started attacking each other with paperballs right in the middle of the classroom."
"Holy shit. Mrs. Affleck was in the class at that time right? Poor woman, she shouted so much, but the whole class was in chaos."
"We did get sent to the principal's cabin after that."
"We ran away from there too."
"I miss those days."
"The feelings are mutual, kind sir."
"I'm coming to California next week. Better be there to recieve me."
"Of course. I'll get going. Take care."
"I'll accompany you to the foyer."

Stuart was involved in his father's hotel business. He had set up in California. I would be staying in one of the York hotels at California.

He soon sped away in his car and I went home to pack up.

Gracie
The company which is merging with us would be here next week. I pace nervously around the house. The bell rings.

I skip to the door and open it. Ben.
He's carrying a bag of food and he envelopes me into a hug. Whatever happened to personal space?
We sit on the couch and he opens a bottle of wine. "You seem tensed." He says.
"I am tensed."
"What's the reason?"
"Mr. Roberts is coming tomorrow to talk about the merge, and his CEO and their team will be here next week. I have to attend that party also with them. It's just too much happening in a week."

"Don't worry. You'll rock them." He assures me with a wide smile. I smile back at him. But it comes out very weakly.
"Have you called someone else?" Ben asks annoyedly.
I am shaken out of my reverie. "Yes Ivy will be here soon."
"Why have you called her? I thought we would be alone."
I scrunch up my nose again in annoyance. "Come on Ben. She's my best friend and so are you a close friend. I've told you before as well, there's nothing that can happen between us."

He looks sullen. But then anger flashes on his face,"Why are you still mourning for that bastard?"
I raise my eyebrows at him. "Mind your tongue. Don't you dare say anything about him to me, or to anyone else for that matter. And I wouldn't date you even if he wasn't there."
Okay, that was harsh, but he deserved it.

He sat quiet after that. I don't know why I'm still friends with him. I met him at college and we hit it off. It was all great until he got feelings. I think it is a fact that universally, feelings ruin everything.

Ivy walks in through the open door. She's grown to be prettier and stronger. She got herself into the Seattle university and grew upto be so capable.
As for the matters of the heart, she soon let go of Stuart. Stuart didn't ever realize what he meant to her. Life went on. She soon found another guy, who courted her until she gave in. And then they fell in love too. I was the happiest person for them. She finally got what she deserved.

Melissa and Roland are in Seattle. I'm in touch with Mel too. Basically, all the people I know have love. And I'm still broken over a love of one year. What have you done Alastair?

She looks at Ben sitting there and rolls her eyes. Yeah she knows. She's been the closest to me here in California. She's working as an event manager.
She sits down on the couch and Ben excuses himself.

"You're seriously hanging out with that guy?" She says in mock disgust.
"He's good, except for the times he opens his mouth."
She laughs.
"Good to know you haven't lost your humour with that wierdo."
"Someone told me to keep smiling. So here I am." I say, shrugging.
"Is this about a certain curly haired boy?" She asks.
"The only curly haired boy who matters."

"You're so in love. I crave for a love like yours. A love so deep that the ocean would be jealous."
"Oh no, you don't want this love. Can we please not talk about him?" I say flinching.
"You still miss him."
"Everyday."

___________________________
Vote and comment :)