Chapter Four

| Hiro's POV |

"Hey, knucklehead," Tadashi greets Hiro as he walks into their bedroom. "Where did you run off to?"

"I just went for a walk," Hiro tells him as he takes off his jacket and shoes. "Is that okay with you? Or should I of asked Aunt Cass to walk with me and hold my hand while I cross the street?"

"Hiro. . ." Tadashi mumbles sadly.

Hiro sighs and buries his face in his hands. "I know. I'm sorry."

Tadashi sits on the edge of Hiro's bed and wraps one arm around him. He gives him a quick side hug and says, "I know that I can probably be a bit too protective sometimes. I just want the best for you."

Hiro drops his hands and nods. "I know. I'll try to understand the next time you follow me to the game store that's down the road," he says with a smirk.

Tadashi laughs. "Thanks. I'm going to get some sleep. I've got to get up early and finish up on my project."

Hiro nods, eyeing the purple shadows that are under his brother's eyes. He's hardly slept over the last few months. Tadashi will get home late, have dinner, study, and then crash sometime in the middle of the night. Hiro is worrying about him, but he's mostly just curious about the project. "So what's this super nerdy project you're working on, huh?"

"I'll show you one day," Tadashi says. He stands up and walks to his side of the room. "Night." He slides the panel that separates the boy's room into two closed. Hiro lays back against his pillows and closes his eyes, thinking about tomorrow's bot fight, and you.