Chapter Eight

| Hiro's POV |

Right after Hiro watched you walk out the door, he looked up at his brother. Tadashi was in the cell across from his. Saying that Tadashi was angry was an understatement. He glared at Hiro from the metal bars that he was pressed up against. Since both you and Hiro were only teenagers, the two of you were placed in serperate cells. Tadashi was placed with all of the other bot fighters. His fingers clench the metal bars tightly.

Hiro smiles and gives a small wave. Tadashi continues to glare at his little brother. Feeling nervous and awkward, Hiro looks around the cell. He kicks his feet and takes a deep breath.

"Tadashi and Hiro Hamada," A voice calls. The officer unlocks the cells and lets both of them out. "Your aunt is here."

Hiro swallows as he is led out of the jail and outside. He immediately spots his Aunt Cass, looking worried as she paces by her dark green truck.

"Hi, Aunt Cass," Tadashi says sadly.

Aunt Cass turns around and runs towards Hiro and Tadashi, throwing her arms around them and hugging them close. "Are you guys okay? Please tell me you're okay."

Hiro smiles. Maybe this won't be as serious as he thought. She seemed to just be worried. "We're fine!" Hiro assures her.

"We're okay," Tadashi adds.

Aunt Cass pulls away. "Good." Suddenly, she reaches up and grabs Hiro and Tadashi's ears. "Then what were you two knuckleheads thinking?" She asks, pulling them to the truck.

"Ow, ow, ow," Hiro mutters.

Hiro takes his seat in the truck. He cradles his ear in his hand, trying to numb the throbbing pain. Aunt Cass is rambling on.

"For ten years I have done the best I could to raise you."

She's still going on as the family approaches the door to Lucky Cat Cafe. She digs out her key angrily. "Have I been perfect? No! Should I have picked up a book on parenting? Probably!" She pauses as she places her key in the keyhole. "Where was I going with this? I had a point."

"We're sorry," Tadashi says softly.

"We love you, Aunt Cass," Hiro tells her.

"Well, I love you, too!" She shouts. She pushes the door open and steps inside. "I had to lock up early. On beat poetry night." Hiro watches as she grabs a donut off of the display. She takes a huge bite and turns towards her nephews. "Stress eating," she says behind a mouthful of pastry. "Because of you!" She turns and starts walking towards the living room. "C'mon, Mochi!" She orders the fat cat. She takes another bite of her donut and says, "This is really good."

Hiro quickly walks passed his brother and up the stairs to their bedroom. He dives towards his office chair and begins typing on the keyboard.

"You'd better go apologize to Aunt Cass before she eats the whole cafe," Tadashi says.

Hiro nods, not paying much attention. "Yeah. For sure."

Tadashi continues, "And I hope you learned your lesson."

Hiro turns around in his chair and says, "Absolutely."

Tadashi sighs. "You're going bot fighting again, aren't you?"

"There's a fight across town. If I book it, I can still make it." He stands up and starts towards the stairs, only to be stopped by Tadashi.

"When are you going to start to use that big brain of yours?" He asks.

"And what? Go to college like you so they can teach me stuff I already know?" Hiro rolls his eyes.

Tadashi groans. "Oh, what would Mom and Dad say?"

"I don't know," Hiro says, turning around. He feels a small pang in his heart as he continues. "They died when I was three, remember?" Much to Hiro's surprise, Tadashi hands him a helmet and offers to drive him to the bot fight. He smiles.

But Tadashi never takes him to the bot fight. Instead, he takes him to that dumb nerd school. Hiro complains as he walks inside. No matter what Tadashi shows him, he won't want to get in.