Two: In Which She Calls Him A Piece of Shit

Start from the beginning

Go Baxton for putting his son back in his place.

"I'm not a brat," Jax hisses at the phone. Then, he looks up, tightening his hold on the sword. "I'm not."

"Someone's in denial," I whistle lowly.

"Fuck you."

"Hah. You wish you could fuck me." I smirk.

"Please, for the love of God, try to behave," Baxton says, annoyed. I smirk at him as Jax's father continues to scold him. "That doesn't just apply to you, Jackson. It applies to Blaire too."

The smirk falls off my face. It appears on Jax instead.

"But, Baxton-"

"No. No 'buts'," he tells me sternly. "Both of you need to learn to cooperate with each other for the rest of the summer. I refuse to kick anyone of this apartment. Both of you just need to deal with it. Who knows—maybe you guys will end up liking each other more than you both care to admit."

"Not happening, bro," I say at the same time Jax says, "Fuck no."

Baxton sighs. "Please... at least just try not to kill each other. You might really need each other."

I wish Baxton would stop with the wishful thinking.

I sneak a peak at Jax again. After assessing him for a while, I have come to the conclusion that I will never like this man. Ever. He is all wrong and none right.

"I need to go," Baxton says quietly. "I'll come visit as soon as I can. Please be nice to each other."

"No promises," Jax mutters before slamming his finger down on the 'end call' button. When he slides his phone back in his pocket, he reverts his full attention to me. His grip on the sword is loosened and I take that opportunity to press my finger down on the cool blade to make him lower the weapon. Him as well as the sword comply.

"You heard the man," I nod towards the phone in his pocket. "Be nice to me."

"I believe it goes both ways, girl," he arches his eyebrows.

"I have a name, you know." I fold my arms again and frown. "It's Blaire, not girl."

"Whatever," he snaps. Then, he lets the sword clatter to the ground. My heart almost stops when the blade hits the cool marble surface. "I'm going to unpack."

"I'm not going to help you."

"Didn't ask for your help. Stop trying to make yourself feel important." Jax says, turning his heel and walking towards the front door.

"You're a fucking piece of shit, Jackson Deneris!" I yell.

I hear his laugh echo across the entire house. He doesn't even look back at me when he says, "it takes one to know one!"

☸☸☸☸☸☸

It's only been two hours since I met Jax Deneris and I don't think I've ever hated anyone as much as I hate him.

He makes a mess out of everything. The minute he drags his bags in, the entire silence of the mansion is disrupted. I don't know about you but I go through life wishing I had a noise canceling machine so that I can maintain a nice level of tranquility. But the moment this asshole walks into my life, I am seriously convinced that nothing can ever cancel out the horrible, infectious noise that is Jackson Deneris.

First off, he is loud. And this means that his voice will carry throughout the entire mansion. I'm just about to cuddle on the sofa with my blanket with intentions of binge-watching Supernatural on the television when I hear him yell obscenities in his room. Even though his door is locked—I know, I checked. Twice. Just to make sure he won't disturb me—I can hear him as clear as crystal.