Two: In Which She Calls Him A Piece of Shit

Start from the beginning

"I can't live with this bitch, dad!" Jackson says, the sword still pointing accusingly at me. "She almost tried to kill me the moment I stepped foot into the mansion!"

"Baxton, the keyword is 'almost'! I almost killed him!" I try to defend myself. "Honestly, I wouldn't have pulled a stunt like that if I knew who he was. You didn't tell me he was coming over. I thought he was trying to rob the house!"

"What actually happened just now?" Baxton asks.

Jax's blue eyes meet mine, as if telling me go ahead. It's your turn to talk. Try your best to weasel yourself out of the mess you created.

I take a deep breath and start. "I sort of held him against his will with my katana sword."

A long pause ensues.

I quickly add. "But I swear, I wouldn't have done it if I knew he was your son! I'm sorry, Baxton."

I hear Baxton emit a heavy breath through the phone. "I understand why you did what you did, Blaire."

Jax's eyes widen in shock. Clearly, he thought he was going to win this battle. He probably hoped that his father would condemn me for my actions. "You're picking her side?"

"I'm not picking any sides! It's not a fight," Baxton says out of frustration. "Look, I know the both of you had a rocky start-"

Jax scowls at me. "Well, no shit."

"-but you guys need to learn to at the very least... tolerate each other. Blaire, I know that I promised the mansion would be entirely yours for the summer, but I hadn't expected Jax would visit LA until a few days ago. I've been really busy and I guess it had totally slipped my mind to tell you that he was coming. I'm sorry."

"No, I can't do this." Jax shakes his head. "I can't live with her, dad. You know I live alone and alone only."

"I'm sorry but like I said, there is no where else you can go."

"You can always rent a place or something," I smile at him, my teeth showing. "Maybe that would help."

He pauses to think about it for a while, but then he shakes his head gives me a black look. "And let you have this place to yourself? Absolutely not. Actually, why would I be the one to leave? You're the uninvited guest here. This is my father's mansion. So technically, it's mine. Therefore, you should be the one to leave."

"No fucking way," I huff.

"Fuck," Jax swears under his breath. "You're such a stubborn bitch. Why can't you just go?"

"Go where?" I stare back at him questioningly. "I have no where else to go."

It was supposed to come off as a statement, but there was a little bit of hurt laced with my tone. Jax can't kick me out of this house. He can't. I've been practically a nomad for the past four months—crashing at random people's houses for the night.

I can't go back to that life again. I wouldn't. Jax would have to drag me out kicking and thrashing if he wanted me out.

If it weren't for Baxton, I would still be out and about on the streets. He helped me by allowing me to stay here. I know his intentions weren't pure—my father was his best friend a long time ago. My father had done him a favor, and it was only natural that Baxton wanted to help me to repay that favor.

"Does it look like I care where you go?" Jax says rudely. "I just want you gone."

"Jackson!" Baxton yells from the phone. He is running out of patience with his son. Well, he's not the only one. "Mind your manners. Blaire is a guest—she's my guest and she's entitled to stay there however long she wants. I don't fucking care that you don't like her. Deal the fuck with it. Stop being such a brat."