Shakespeare Code

But how do you travel in time? What makes it go? Martha asked still amazed.
Oh, let's take the fun and the mystery out of everything. Martha you don't want to know. It just does. He told her. Hold on tight. He ordered me and Martha.
Blimey. Do you have to pass a test to fly this thing? Martha asked after she fell on the floor.
Yeah. He failed his everytime. I passed on the first go but he won't let me fly. I told her falling out the jump seat.
Yes, i failed. Now, make the most of it. He said sounding a bit frustrated. I promised you one trip and one trip only. He told her grabbing his trench coat and putting it on. And i put on my leather jacket.
Me and the Doctor went over to the door Martha right behind us.
Outside this door... vrave new world. The Doctor said stand kik ng infront of the door facing me and Martha.
Where are we? Martha asked.
Take a look. The Doctor ssid moving out of the way. I let Martha go out first then me then the Doctor and he closed the door.
Oh, you're kidding me. You're so... kidding me. Oh, my god. We did it! We traveled in time. Where are we? No, sorry. Got to get used to this whole new language. When are we? Martha said.
Look out! The Doctor said grabbing my waist and pulling me back while i grabbed Martha's shoulders and pulled her back.
GARDEZ-LOO! A man said throughing sewage out.
Somewhere before the invention of the toilet. I told her.
Sorry about that. I've seen worse. I've worked the late-night shift, A&E. Martha said. Me and the Doctor started walking.
But are we safe? I mean, can we move aroun and stuff? Martha asked reching her hand out to us when we turned around.
Of course we can. Why do you ask? The Doctor asked her.
It's like in the film's -- you step on a butterfly, you change the future of the human race. Martha said.
I'll tell you what, then, don't... step on any butterflies. I told her.
What have butterflies ever done to you? The Doctor asked her.
What if -- i don't know. What if i kill my grandfather? She asked.
Are you planning to? The Doctor asked.
Oh, great, we got a vilent one. Stepping on butterflies, killing her grandfather. What next? I said jokingly.
Martha giggled.
I'm not planning to. Just asking. She said.
Well, then. The Doctor said turning back around.
And this is London? She asked.
But, hold on. Am i alright? I'm not going to get carted off as a slave, am i? Martha asked.
Why woukd they do that? The Doctor asked eith shock on his face.
I'm not exactly white, in case you haven't noticed. She said.
We're not even human. The Doctor told her meaning me, him, and future me.
Just walk about like you own the place -- works for me. I told her.
Besides, you'd be surprised -- Elizabethan England, not so different from your time.
Look over there, they've got recycling... water-cooler moment...
and the Earth will be consumed by frame! A man yelled.
... global warming. Oh, yes, and entertainment, popular entertainment for the masses. If I'm right, we're just down the river, by southwark, right next to... we all ran around the corner oh, yes! We stopped completely. The global theatre. Brand-new, just opened. I said excited.
Though, strictly speaking, it's not a globe. It's a tetradecagon, 14 sides, containing the man himself. The Doctor said.
Whoa, you don't mean... is Shakespeare in there? Martha asked.
Oh, yes. The Doctor told her. Miss Smith's and miss Jones, will you a company me to the theater? The Doctor asked putting his arms out.
I took one, future me took the other and Martha walked next to me.
Mr. Smith, i will. I told him.
When you get hkme you can tell everyone you've seen Shakespeare. The Doctor told Martha.
Then, i could get sectioned. Marths said sarcasticly.
Me, The Doctor, and Martha all sat next to each other in one of the top rows. Everyone was clapping.
That's amazing, just amazing. Martha said happily. It's worth putting up with the smell. And those are men dressed as women, yeah? Martha asked.
London never changes. The Doctor said.
Where's Shakespeare? I want to see Shakespeare. Martha said inpatiently. Author! Author! Martha started chanting. She stopped. Do people shout that? Do they shout "Author"?
Martha asked.
A man behind Martha starded chanting Author then everyone else joined in.
Well..... The Doctor said looking around. Everyone continued chanting.
They do now. He finished.
He came out and everyone got louder and more enthusiastic.
He's a bit different to his portraits. Martha said still clapping.
He's a genius -- the genius -- the most human human there's ever been. Now we're going to hear him speak. Always, he chooses the best words, new, beautiful, brilliant words. The Doctor said.
I fake coughed fangirl tjen cleared my throat and the Doctor looked at me.
You alright? He asked.
Oh, yes. Brilliant. I told him smiling and he laced our fingures.
Ah.... Shakespeare shouted. Shut your big, fat mouthes! He yelled at the croud and everyone started laughing.
That's very new, beautiful and brilliant. I said sarcastically.
Oh, well. The Doctor said.
You should never meet your heroes Martha told him.
You've got excellent taste. I'll give you that. Shakespeare said waving his hand in the air. Oh, that's a wig. He said pointing at someone. I know what you're all saying -- "Love's labours lost," that's a funny ending, isn't it? It just stops. Will the boys get the girls? Well, don't get your hose in a tangle. You'll find out soon. Everyone started yelling stuff. You don't rush a genius. He bowed then quickly stood back up strait. When? Tomorrow night. He said tjen everyone started yelling again. The premiere of my brand -new play -- a sequel, no less -- and i call it "Love's labours won"! Shakespeare said. Everyone cheered and clapped. But me and the Doctor sat and fround.
I'm not an expert, but I've never heard of "Loves labours won". Martha told me and the Doctor when we where walking out.
Exactly. The lost play. Doesn't exist, only in rumors. The Doctor said.
It's mentioned in lists of his plays, but never ever turns up. And no one knows why. I finished for him.
Have you got a mini disc or something? Martha asked. We can tape it. We can flog it. Sell it when we get home, make a mint. Martha said.
No. Me and the Doctor both told her.
That would be bad. She said.
Yeah, yeah. The Doctor said.
How come it disappeared in tje first place? Martha asked.
Well... i was just coming to give you a quick little trip in the TARDIS. But i suppose we could stay a bit longer. The Doctor said.
We walked to a place called "The elephant".
Me and the Doctor walked into a room.
Hello! Me and the Doctor said happily. Excuse me. Not interrupting, are we? I asked.
Mr. Shakespeare, isn't it? The Doctor asked.
Oh, no. No, no, no, no. Who let you in? No autographs. No, you can't have yourself scetched with me, and please don't ask where i get my ideas from. Thanks for the interest. He said rubbing his head then looking at us. Now, be a good boy and shove --
He looked back and forth between me and Martha. Hey, nonny, nonny. Sit right down next to me. He told us.
Oh, thanks for the offer, but, i think my boyfriend may have a problem with that. I said.
Well, who's your boyfriend? He asked.
Hello. The Doctor said waving his hand.
Well, i guess it's just you and me. He told Martha. You two, gwt sewing on them costumes. Off you go.
Come on, lads. I think out William's found his new muse. A blonde women said.
Sweet lady. Martha started walking towards him smiling. Such unusual clothes. So... fitted. He told her.
Um, very, forsooth. Egads! Martha said.
No, no! Don't do that. Don't. I'm sir Doctor of TARDIS,This is miss Alision of TARDIS, and this is our companion, miss Martha Jones. The Doctor told Shakespeare showing him the psychic paper.
Interesting, that bit of paper -- it's blank. Shakespeare told him.
Oh, that's... very clever. That proves it -- absolute genius. The Doctor said.
Mm. Shakespeare responded.
No, it says right there -- sir Doctor, Miss Alision, Martha Jones. It says so. Martha said pointing at the sphycic paper.
And i say it's blank. Shakespeare repeated.
Psychic paper. Um, long story. I told Martha. Oh, i hate starting from scratch. The Doctor said putting it away.
"Psychic"? Never heard that before. And words are my trade. Who are you, exactly? Shakespeare asked. More to the point who, is your delicious blackamoore lady? He asked.
What did you say? Marths asked.
Whoops. Isn't that a word we use nowadays? An ethiop girl, a swarth, a queen of Afric? Shakespeare asked.
I can't believe I'm hearing this. Martha said looking at me and the Doctor.
It's political correctness gone mad. Um, Martha's from a far-off land -- Freedonia. I said.
Excuse me! Hold hard a moment. This is abominable behavior -- a new play with no warning. I demand to see a script, mr. Shakespeare. As master of the revels, every new script must be regestered at my office and examined by me before it can be performed. A man with a long blonde beard said.
Tomorrow morning, first thing, I'll send it 'round. Shakespeare told him.
I don't work to your schedule. You work to mine. The script, now! The guy with the beard demanded.
I can't. Shakespeare told him.
Then tomorrows performance is cancelled. The guy with the beard said smugly.
It's all go 'round here, innit? Martha asked under her breath.
I'm returning to my office for a banning order. If its the last thing i do, "Love's labours won" will never be played. The man said then left.
I sat on the Doctors lap, Martha next to us and Shakespeare in his chair on the other side of the table.
Well, then, mystery solved. Martha said after taking a sip of her beer. That's "Love's labours won" over and done with. Thought it would be something more you know, more mysterious. Martha said then we all heard a man loudly gagging and me and the Doctor jumped up, Martha looked disgusted and Shakespeare barely moved. Tjen a women screamed and we all ran out and down the stairs, me infront, the Doctor behind me, Martha behind him and Shakespeare in the back. The women screamed again. Help me. She yelled.
We got outside and the guy from earlier with the blonde beard was spitting loys of water and holding his throat.
It's that Lynley bloke. Martha stated.
What's wrong with him? Someone asked.
Leave it to me. I'm a Doctor. The Doctor said.
So am i, near enough. Martha said.
I stayed where i was and Lynly kept spitting out water then fell to the ground dead. Martha and the Doctor bent down next to him.
The Doctor got up and ran to the other side while Martha stayed by him. I went over to him and started pushing on his chest. The Doctor came back over and knelt down by me.
Martha gave him mouth to mouth and when she came back up more water came out of his mouth.
What the hell is that? Martha asked.
I've never seen a death like it. His lungs are full of water. He drowned. I don't know, like a... blow to the heart? An invisible blow. The Doctor said.
Good mistress, this poor fellow has died from a sudden imbalance of the humors. I said.
A natural, if unfortunate, demise. The Doctor finished for me.
Call the constable, have him taken away. I told her.
Yes ma'am. She said.
A young women came running in.
I'll do it, ma'am. She told the women we were talking to. She turned around and walked away.
And why are tou two yelling them that? Martha asked looking at me and the Doctor.
This lot have still got one foot in the dark ages. If we tell them the truth, they'll panic and think it was witchcraft. The Doctor said loud enough for only me and Martha to hear but no one else.
Okay, what was it, then? Marthz asked.
Witchcraft. I told her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~