Chapter Two: Welcome to the Family

Începe de la început

            Where the fuck am I? Was the first thing that ran through Zacky’s head when he woken up. Why the fuck does my head hurt so bad? Was inevitably the second thing that ran through his head.

            Once he opened his eyes and looked around, everything suddenly came rushing to him, and he remembered almost everything that went on last night. The only thing he didn’t remember was falling asleep on the couch.

            “I see you’re awake,” said a gently voice.

            The sound of Lyric’s voice scared Zack, making him sit up quickly, trying to figure out what the hell was going on. This only made his headache a thousand times worse.

            “Here, take these,” she told him, handing him a few Advil’s and a glass of water.

            Zacky eagerly took them from her and thanked her. He just wasn’t so sure he could wait twenty minutes for it to kick in.

            “I made some breakfast if you’re hungry,” Lyric announced, walking into the kitchen and grabbing a plate out of the cupboard.

            Zacky made his way into the kitchen, following the delicious smell of chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. Two of my favorite things growing up.

            “When you’re finished eating,” Lyric started while Zacky sat down and helped himself to some food. “Matt wants us to come over to his house so everyone can meet me. So I figured since it’s still early, we can go to your house so you can shower and get ready, then we can head over to his house.”

            ‘Sounds great,” he said while trying to stuff a whole pancake in his mouth. Lyric giggled at him, and he ended up choking and spitting half of the pancake out. “Did you talk to him last night?” Zack asked.

            “Yeah. You passed out on my couch and I heard you phone going off so I looked at it. I saw part of the text message from Matt and he sounded worried so I called him back. I hope you don’t mind…” Lyric said, worried that Zack might be mad at her for using his phone.

            “That’s fine, thanks for calling him back,” he mumbled as he stuffed more food into his mouth. “Do you mind texting him and saying we’ll be there in an hour and a half?”

            “Not at all,” Lyric said, picking up Zack’s phone that he had just laid on the counter.

                        We will be over in like 1 & 1/2 hours. See you soon.

- L. B.

Change of plans. Meet us at Synyster’s house instead. Can’t wait!

                                    - Shadz

            “Matt said there is a change of plans, we are supposed to go to Synyster’s house instead,” she announced, taking a seat next to Zack at the bar in her kitchen. Zack nodded his head and continued to stuff his face.

            “Aren’t you going to eat anything?” He asked, setting his fork down, his plate finally cleared off.

            “I ate before you got up,” she answered. “I’ve been up since 8:30.” And Zacky just stared at her, eyes wide in disbelief.

            “How do you drink all night and then get up at 8:30?” He questioned.

            “Easy. I don’t get totally shitfaced and pass out on someone’s couch,” Lyric chuckled while Zack just rolled his eyes.