EPILOGUE (The Travel Companions)

Few weeks later...

MINETTE POV

Since the day I joined Margo we became acquainted with one another. I can't say she's my friend or an enemy either it's more like we are depending on one another. She's the closest to a companion I can get right now but I'd rather be with her than the family who betrayed me.

"You think this place is safe for us for few days Margo?" I plopped myself on the bed.

Yup! We are now somewhere in Poland and we've been travelling from one place to another since Margo found out there is a search order for us. Since I don't want anybody following me especially my parents I'm okay to have this set up.

"I sure hope so after all before they can track us we already left. Anyway we will just go hunting will you be fine here alone?" Margo eyed me cautiously.

"Don't worry I'll be fine. Go do your "thing" it's not like I'm used to that hobby of yours." I sighed and opened the telly.

When I first saw Margo fed on human I felt disgusted and scared. Thinking if she gets thirsty she will eventually bit me but then again her words made me realize she's not that bad after all.

(FLASHBACK --- few weeks ago)

"Where are we heading Ms. Zeigler?" I wiggled my hold on her.

"We need a place to stay for a while somewhere knowing the Master he will not stop until he finds you." She grunted.

"I can't help you when they find us so why do you want me?" I exasperatedly replied.

"You are certainly incorrect have you forgotten who you are? Was it too much information that you can't comprehend what you can do?" She scorned.

"I get it okay! I'm the Master's daughter so what?" I air quoted the words.

"Sooner or later you will be a vampire so might well wait for that to happen." She sneered this time.

"Wh--at? But I'm... also human." I stammered.

"Don't be stupid Ette! Yes you are and so as I physically but the only difference we are taking blood to survive and you don't." She stopped walking.

"But why does Karl can?" I studied my now bruised wrist.

"He is an Elder I'm an Apprentice while Morgan is a Guardian." She added.

To say confusion is the word of the day is totally the understatement. Few hours ago I was just searching about vampires and now here I am talking to them. I am more than ready to get admitted inside the mental institution with all this information she is giving out.

"Margo, she is totally bewildered with everything so you might as well take one information at a time." Morgan felt my anxiety.

"Elders are 500-699 years are Master's third in command. Superior means the Master's wing men in human term it's the Chancellor and they lived 700-899 years while Master lived 900-999 years is the head of our clan, a Federal President in your world." Margo explained with grace.

"The Councils are 1000 years and above and lastly Apprentices are ages 300-499 they are same as Federal Ministers. Guardians like me are 100-299 years known as the Federal security or police." Morgan continued.

"So based on years Karlsten as you called Elder is more experienced vampire?" I mentally noted every detail.

"Yes that's why Elder Karlsten can control the hunger for blood and can live or act like humans unlike us." Morgan nodded.

"What exactly are your ages?" I eagerly inquired.

"I'm 219, Apprentice Margo is 480 and Elder Karlsten is 652 years old." Morgan responds instantly.

"How about the new vampires? I mean if I will be one of you what will I be then?" I added.

"The lowest years from 1-99 are called New Born including you." Morgan pointed at me.

"But I don't crave for blood like vampires do, I also have a heartbeat and I'm certain that I am just 21 years old well almost." I innocently stated.

"If you go back to the earlier events I mentioned that you're hybrid. You can survive by blood or food but one thing is for sure you have a vampire trait in you." Margo imposed the idea.

"Is there any way I can make them develop or hide it or signs I'm going to experience?" I anticipated the fact.

"We really don't know since it's the first time this happened in our generation but if it does it could be the blood thirst." Morgan implied unsure.

"Speaking of that I'm starving and I need to feed are you coming Morgan?" Margo approached him.

"Yes Apprentice we will be back soon. Stay here." Morgan directed me.

"Let's go then I'm sure Ette won't go anywhere." Margo studied me.

"We've been traveling for roughly twenty days if I wanted to escape I won't be here right?" I counterfired.

"If you're hungry there's a convenient store near the hotel. Here take this and buy your food." She handed me some cash.

I could've just declined it but I don't have a choice. I only have few bucks left in my pocket including my phone.

"Thanks Ms. Zeigler I'll return it to you when I get the chance." I took it.

"No worries and call me Margo sure I'm way literally hundred years older but I prefer my name instead of." She turned to leave.

"Okay Margo it is I better get going before the shop closes." I grabbed my coat.

"One more thing get a new number we couldn't allow any trace of evidence where we go." She instructed.

"I was thinking the same." I locked the room.

(END OF FLASHBACK)

Since then we get along just fine I don't intervene with their human feeding. I'm not being influenced to do the same because whether I admit it or not they are treating me good and with honesty. As long as I'm far from being seen then I don't care I also learned those signs I researched are partially true yet unrealistic.

"You're zoning out again Ette do you feel pain again?" Margo waved her hand.

"I think I'm experiencing some sort of symptoms." I lay at bed after drinking a pill.

"Hmm... could be I will see what I can find with Morgan and we will let you know. In the meantime rest we will be back later." Margo left after that.

For the past few weeks I noticed my sleeping routine changes. My night became my morning it's like I'm having insomnia. I guess because of my constant thoughts from the revelations.

"I will never forgive them." I uttered.

The people and the only man I learned to love and trust betrayed me. It feels my heart is being stabbed continuously and my biggest regret in life is Meeting with a Vampire.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter ;)

Thank you so much!

•••• MJ Cristine